- Table View
- List View
Making a success of your teaching placement is a vital part of achieving qualified teacher status (QTS). With a focus on practical strategies and closely referenced to OfSTED, this book provides essential guidance on how to translate the 'outstanding' criteria into practice. The authors break down the OfSTED criteria so that you can easily identify the skills and knowledge you need to make the most of your placements. Packed with case studies, practical tasks and links to the QTS standards, the book is structured around: " developing professional knowledge " planning " how to be an outstanding teacher " classroom management " teamwork " assessment " Continuing Professional Development (CPD) This book will help trainees make the difficult jump from 'good' to achieving a Grade 1 'outstanding' on their placements. Jonathan Glazzard is Course Leader BA (Hons) in Early Primary Education at the University of Huddersfield. Jane Stokoe is Foundation Stage and KS1 leader, SENCO and Assistant Headteacher at Hoyland Springwood Primary School, Barnsley.
Glazzard (primary education, U. of Huddersfield) unites several other contributors from the University of Huddersfield to discuss the use of summative assessment in the early years foundation stage and offer guidance on the ways in which summative assessment data can be analyzed. The book begins with material on theoretical perspectives, leading pedagogy, and values and principles of assessment in the early years foundation stage, then moves on to cover topics such as personalized learning, collecting meaningful evidence, and involving parents and family as partners in assessment. Case studies draw from a range of settings, and reflection activities are designed to engage students in a range of assessment strategies. Additional pedagogical aids include within-chapter key points and chapter-ending lists of websites. The book is directed at readers in a range of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), Early Years Professional Status (EYPS), and early years courses. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Today, there is increased emphasis on the coverage of special educational needs in initial teacher training. This comprehensive introduction begins by looking at inclusion policy and how barriers to achievement can be removed. The SEN Code of Conduct is explained and detailed guidance on Individual Education Plans (IEPs) is included. The book then goes on to give practical advice on the teaching of children with special educational needs in reading, speech and language, the autistic spectrum and behavioural, social and emotional difficulties. Finally, the book considers the wider context looking at partnerships with parents, carers and professionals in other agencies.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.