Behavioral activation theory indicates that much clinically relevant human behavior is a function of positive reinforcement, and that when positive reinforcement is reduced, lost, or chronically low depression results. Behavioral activation encourages clients to obtain and nurture the skills that allow them to establish and maintain contact with diverse, stable sources of positive reinforcement. This creates a life of meaning, value and purpose. Behavioral Activation: Distinctive Features clarifies the fundamental theoretical and practical features of behavioral activation, integrating various techniques into a unified whole that is efficient and effective. The book includes numerous case examples and transcribed segments from therapy sessions and outlines behavioral concepts using straightforward terms and examples so that all therapists can see the utility and practical value of this approach. This book will provide essential guidance for students and new therapists, as well as more experienced clinicians wanting to know more about what makes behavioral activation a distinct form of cognitive behavior therapy.
Since the earliest years of its development, Functional Analytic Psychotherapy (FAP) has been hailed for its clinical innovation and transformative power with clients across the range of disorders. Building on the foundations of their earlier volumes about this versatile therapy, the editors of The Practice of Functional Analytic Psychotherapy bring together noted clinicians and researchers to explain in depth how FAP can be used in conjunction with a broad spectrum of therapeutic approaches, and with diverse client populations. The hallmarks of the method, including therapist sensitivity and responding to client behavior in the moment, courage, mindfulness, acceptance, and egalitarianism, inform a wide array of interventions and strategies, among them: Integrating FAP with other treatments, including cognitive behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, behavioral activation, psychodynamic therapies, and feminist therapies. Applying FAP across cultures, nationalities, and ethnicities. Employing FAP with couples. Increasing sensitivity to and effectiveness with sexual minority clients. Modifying FAP for developmentally appropriate use with adolescents. Enhancing a team approach with severely mentally ill patients in institutional settings. Strengthening the power of interpersonal process groups. As a new tool or an enhancement to current practice, these applications of FAP will give therapists an empowering complement to their work. The Practice of Functional Analytic Psychotherapy points to compelling directions in personal growth and change--on both sides of the therapeutic bond.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.