- Table View
- List View
Toole's Cerebrovascular Disorders, was the first modern book devoted to the care of the stroke, originally published more than 40 years ago. Drs. E. Steve Roach, Kerstin Bettermann, and José Biller have completely revised and updated sixth edition of the highly respected standard for stroke diagnosis and treatment, adding chapters on genetics, pregnancy-related stroke, and acute treatment. The practical focus of the book has not changed, retaining its emphasis on bedside diagnosis and treatment. Easily accessible for both stroke specialists and residents, the sixth edition has been modernized to keep pace with the rapid expansion of knowledge in stroke care and includes evidence-based recommendations, the latest technology and imaging, and risk factors. The text is supplemented with more than 200 images, many in color. E. Steve Roach, MD, FAAN, FAHA, is Professor of Pediatrics and Neurology and Director of the Division of Child Neurology at The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio. Kerstin Bettermann, MD, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Neurology at Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania. José Biller, MD, FACP, FAAN, FAHA, is Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery and Chairman of the Department of Neurology at Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.