- Table View
- List View
Toole's Cerebrovascular Disorders, was the first modern book devoted to the care of the stroke, originally published more than 40 years ago. Drs. E. Steve Roach, Kerstin Bettermann, and José Biller have completely revised and updated sixth edition of the highly respected standard for stroke diagnosis and treatment, adding chapters on genetics, pregnancy-related stroke, and acute treatment. The practical focus of the book has not changed, retaining its emphasis on bedside diagnosis and treatment. Easily accessible for both stroke specialists and residents, the sixth edition has been modernized to keep pace with the rapid expansion of knowledge in stroke care and includes evidence-based recommendations, the latest technology and imaging, and risk factors. The text is supplemented with more than 200 images, many in color. E. Steve Roach, MD, FAAN, FAHA, is Professor of Pediatrics and Neurology and Director of the Division of Child Neurology at The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio. Kerstin Bettermann, MD, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Neurology at Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania. José Biller, MD, FACP, FAAN, FAHA, is Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery and Chairman of the Department of Neurology at Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.