- Table View
- List View
The rigorous mathematical theory of the equations of fluid dynamics has been a focus of intense activity in recent years. This volume is the product of a workshop held at the University of Warwick to consolidate, survey and further advance the subject. The Navier-Stokes equations feature prominently: the reader will find new results concerning feedback stabilisation, stretching and folding, and decay in norm of solutions to these fundamental equations of fluid motion. Other topics covered include new models for turbulent energy cascade, existence and uniqueness results for complex fluids and certain interesting solutions of the SQG equation. The result is an accessible collection of survey articles and more traditional research papers that will serve both as a helpful overview for graduate students new to the area and as a useful resource for more established researchers.
The rigorous mathematical theory of the Navier-Stokes and Euler equations has been a focus of intense activity in recent years. This volume, the product of a workshop in Venice in 2013, consolidates, surveys and further advances the study of these canonical equations. It consists of a number of reviews and a selection of more traditional research articles on topics that include classical solutions to the 2D Euler equation, modal dependency for the 3D Navier-Stokes equation, zero viscosity Boussinesq equations, global regularity and finite-time singularities, well-posedness for the diffusive Burgers equations, and probabilistic aspects of the Navier-Stokes equation. The result is an accessible summary of a wide range of active research topics written by leaders in their field, together with some exciting new results. The book serves both as a helpful overview for graduate students new to the area and as a useful resource for more established researchers.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.