- Table View
- List View
ABRIENDO PASO is a highly respected two-volume program specifically designed to address the needs of high school students in upper-level study, including Advanced Placement. Twenty-seven new reading selections provide a wide range of genres, themes, styles, and difficulty levels. The extensive activities develop language proficiency in all four skills while preparing students for the AP* Language Examination. Lesson Plans provide teaching support.
AP® Spanish: Preparing for the Language and Culture Examination (Fourth Edition) is designed for students at the upper levels of Spanish and specifically for those students who wish to take the Advanced Placement Language and Culture Examination in Spanish. It is also a fine complement for any advanced course in Spanish. View Sample Pages Webinar Join us for free online Webinars on both implementing the Digital Courseware for Abriendo paso and AP® Spanish: Preparing for the Language and Culture Examination. Register Prepare Students for the New Exam Each unit in this new edition focuses on themes, language skills and testing formats utilized in the Advanced Placement Examination. The exercises have been designed not only to review and reinforce students' knowledge, but also to sharpen all language skills. Students become familiar with the actual directions from the test as well as the different types of exercises that appear in it. Care has been given to provide sufficient practice so that when students take the test, they can do it with ease and confidence. Introducing the Digital Edition! With this edition, you can choose between print, digital, or a combination of both! Any product that includes a student license to the Digital Courseware (powered by SuccessNet Plus) provides: eText with embedded media files (accessible on iPad and Android tablets) Assignable test practice Auto-graded listening and reading activities (Multiple Choice) Open-ended (teacher graded) speaking and writing tasks (Free Response) RealTalk! for recording and grading speaking tasks Teacher Digital Center with tools to enroll and manage classes, assign activities, customize and add content, and communicate with students. Also, teachers can download for free the Audio Program (MP3 files) and Teacher's Resource Book (PDF). Student Digital Center with tools to access and complete assignments, record speaking tasks, monitor grades, and communicate with teachers Availability Dates Student Edition: August 8, 2013 Teacher's Guide: August 28, 2013 Audio Program on DVD: August 28, 2013 Digital Courseware (available to schools who purchased student product with license to the Digital Courseware): Publishing #1 (will include access to the Teacher's Guide PDF and audio files) August 15, 2013. Publishing #2 (will include complete course, eText, and all teacher resources): August 30. Visit MyPearsonTraining. com to learn how to self-register for a SuccessNet Plus Teacher Home Page or join one of the Getting Started free Webinars.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.