- Table View
- List View
When a killer winter storm traps a pack of murderous bank robbers in Dodge, they take hostages and try to wait it out. But Marshall Dillon and his deputies aren't so patient when it comes to justice.
Marshal Matt Dillon keeps Dodge City safe from rustlers, gamblers, and desperados-and rejoins Doc Adams, Kitty Russell, and all the cherished characters from the classic TV series.
Marshal Matt Dillon and all of the other favorites from the long-running TV show are standing tall in this all-new Western adventure series. While rustlers and desperadoes fill the lawless frontier town of Dodge, Dillon is the one who sees that justice is done-whether it's served by the gavel or by the gun. ... Notorious killer Ed Flynn saved Marshal Dillon's life once, and now Matt is obliged to protect him against the Feeney gang-including the cold-blooded Jicarilla Kid. Matt is given three days to turn over Flynn before the gang burns Dodge to the ground. Into this powder keg rides poetry-spouting Englishman Charles Granville, a law-and-order crusader who's a crack shot with his fancy engraved Colt. But after two suspicious murders, it appears that Granville has a personal vendetta to settle and that Matt has three deadly gunmen to face-the Kid, Lee Feeney, and Granville. But Matt has an unlikely ally in a man he detests, a tubercular case who seems determined to take as many men with him to hell as he can-the man known as Doc Holliday PRAISE FOR JOSEPH A. WEST "Old-fashioned storytelling raised to the level of homegrown art, told in an American language that is almost gone." -Loren D. Estleman, Four-Time Spur Award-Winning Author
Buck Fletcher is facing a twenty-year sentence for a murder he didn't commit, but he just may have one chance at freedom.
Western legend Ralph Compton lives on in the USA Today bestselling series.ARMAGEDDON IN ARIZONABuck Fletcher is facing a twenty-year sentence for a murder he didn't commit. But he just might have one chance at freedom. Senator Falcon Stark needs a man of Buck's notoriety and gunfighting skill to travel to northern Arizona--and locate his missing daughter.Estelle Stark has joined a doomsday cult led by the charismatic prophet known as the Chosen One--and she refuses to go home. To find her, Buck must elude a band of Apaches on the warpath before descending into the lair of a possible madman. But Buck's got competition on the trail--someone who has set his gunsights on Estelle....More Than Six Million Ralph Compton Books in Print
Reporter Lester Booker joins legendary gunfighter Rance March on the trail of a dangerous outlaw to learn how the West was really won.
John McBride purchased a restaurant in the town of Suicide, hoping to put his past behind him. But with marauding Apaches, vicious outlaws, and rising tensions amongst the townsfolk, Suicide is a powder keg waiting to explode-and McBride's presence just may be enough to light the fuse. . . .
Infamous shootist Buck Fletcher befriends a female victim of a range war and finds himself threatened by one side, courted by the other.
When a band of thieves steals Buck Fletcher's horse, he rides again to make wrong right--with Doc Holliday backing him up.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.