- Table View
- List View
Fearproof Your Lifeguides us through a process of how discovering who we truly are immunizes us from our own fears, as well as those of others. Bailey takes us through a process of knowing, listening to, and honoring our own unique True Self, of being willing to listen to our truth and act from it, without seeking approval, of being willing to forgive ourselves and others and take responsibility for what we create. * Offers step-by-step ways to develop an immunity to fear. * All the tools you need to live a fearless, fulfilled life. Joseph Bailey, M. A. , L. P. is also the author of The Serenity Principle, The Speed Trap and Slowing Down to the Speed of Life (with Richard Carlson). His writing and consulting all focus on helping people see their innate capacity for balance, wisdom, and happiness. He lives in St. Paul, MN.
Feel like you're always rushing but never catching up?Are you doing more, but enjoying it less? The frantic pace and pressure of modern life can take a serious toll on your happiness and your health'but there is one way to step off the treadmill without giving up your career or your activities. The answer lies not in sacrificing your work productivity or your lifestyle but rather in changing your attitudes. By using simple exercises to slow down your mind and focus on the present moment, you can actually achieve greater productivity and creativity-all while maintaining a calmer, healthier state of mind. Slowing Down to the Speed of Life helps you: Slow down your life without downsizing your lifestyle Enjoy the increased creativity and productivity that flow from inner calm Free yourself from the stressful influence of other peoples' habits, attitudes, behaviors, and moods Attain a sense of satisfaction with your life'and be happy!
Between work, play, family, and friends, most of us feel like we're speeding along at 100 miles an hour. Our lives are full, yet we don't feel fulfilled. One solution is to slam on the brakes and adopt a radically simpler lifestyle. But, as psychologist Joe Bailey demonstrates in this essential guide, you don't have to give up everything to slow down your life. In over thirty-five captivating, instructive stories, Bailey shows just how easy it is to transform your way of thinking-and wave good-bye to aggravating bosses, rocky relationships, stress-induced illnesses, and other symptoms of life in the fast lane. You'll discover how to: Enjoy each moment and stop worrying about the past or the future Gain insight by trusting your instincts Increase your productivity and achieve success-without stress Disregard the negative emotions of people around you Attain a deep-rooted sense of fulfillment and inner contentment
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.