- Table View
- List View
From the Book Jacket - Higher standards and greater accountability have contributed to an alarming rise in test anxiety in our students. To help them pass mandated assessments, teachers drill on facts and give endless practice tests. But teaching to the test isn't enough. High stakes testing produces high anxiety that, in turn, lowers performance. Teachers, parents, and kids must do more to minimize its negative effects and increase test results. But where do we begin? Test Anxiety & What You Can Do About It offers constructive and powerful strategies that specifically target the physical, emotional, and cognitive symptoms of anxiety. This book serves as a comprehensive and practical guide for test- takers of all ages. It is an essential resource for teachers and parents of students who are faced with the increased testing mandates of the No Child Left Behind Act Take control! Increase understanding, enhance recall, regulate emotions, and improve test performance through the reduction of test anxiety. This book is the right resource at the right time!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.