- Table View
- List View
Higher standards and greater accountability have contributed to an alarming rise in test anxiety in our students. To help them pass mandated assessments, teachers drill on facts and give endless practice tests. But teaching to the test isn't enough. High stakes testing produces high anxiety that, in turn, lowers performance. Teachers, parents, and kids must do more to minimize its negative effects and increase test results. But where do we begin? Test Anxiety & What You Can Do About It offers constructive and powerful strategies that specifically target the physical, emotional, and cognitive symptoms of anxiety. This book serves as a comprehensive and practical guide for test- takers of all ages. It is an essential resource for teachers and parents of students who are faced with the increased testing mandates of the No Child Left Behind Act Take control! Increase understanding, enhance recall, regulate emotions, and improve test performance through the reduction of test anxiety. This book is the right resource at the right time!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.