- Table View
- List View
ReconnectingA Self-Coaching Solution to Revive Your Love Life"Reconnecting is an extraordinary book that can end needless relationship struggle and frustration. Dr. Luciani's approach is to empower you to become a catalyst for change and healing. Regardless of the nature of your struggle, if you read this book, you will be in a position to direct the love back into your life and reconnect with the relationship potential that you once knew." -Joe Franklin, legendary TV and radio personality"An enlightening and hands-on approach to exploring change in relationships. This remarkable book gives us all another opportunity to create better partnerships and benefit from the process. Dr. Luciani facilitates personal change in a clear and concise style."-Janice Grossman, former publisher of Seventeen and New York magazinesWhat kind of animal are you? Are you a tiger or a turtle? How about a peacock? Maybe a little bit of everything? In Reconnecting, you'll find out how your animal personality and your partner's lie at the center of the conflicts that plague your relationship. These animals represent habits of behavior we use to defend ourselves and hide our insecurities in relationships. Understanding them and breaking the habits that are characteristic of your personality type are key to transforming your relationship from a constant series of struggles into a loving partnership.Dr. Joseph Luciani explains how to put Self-Coaching to work to break these habits and make your relationship better, even if you must begin the process on your own with a reluctant partner. With clear, prescriptive advice and analyses as well as stories of Dr. Luciani's work with couples who successfully overcame bitter conflicts and developed loving committed relationships, this unique and invaluable resource is a powerful tool for anyone working through relationship issues.Read Reconnecting and discover how to start rebuilding your relationship today.
The simple, untold truth about anxiety and depression is that they are habits of insecurity--and, like all habits, they can be broken. In this new edition of the highly successful Self-Coaching, Dr. Joseph Luciani shows you how to change your way of thinking and develop a healthy, adaptive way of living through his proven Self-Talk strategy for coaching yourself back to health.
Tired of your weight swinging up and down? Do you find it difficult to stick to a diet? You're not alone. Every day, millions of people battle temptation as they try to drop unwanted pounds. For those who succeed, a whopping 80 percent quickly pack the weight back on. Thin from Within delves into the root causes and reveals that diets alone--whether counting calories or controlling carbs--don't work. Why? Because lasting results have less to do with what you eat, and everything to do with why you eat it. To lose weight and keep it off, you've got to retrain your brain. Renowned psychologist Joseph J. Luciani explores the emotional triggers and ingrained habits driving overindulgence--and shares simple self-coaching techniques proven to control cravings and break the cycle of self-sabotage. Once mastered, these strategies turn healthy eating into an effortless process. Combining insight and inspiration with powerful cognitive tools, this remarkable guide enables you to: Embrace change Strengthen your self-discipline Resist the lure of comfort foods Free yourself from destructive thinking Replace even the most stubborn bad habits with positive ones Develop resilience and confidence Learn from setbacks Fight food addictions And more It's up to you. You can try yet another fad diet and fail--or read Thin from Within and finally find your permanent weight loss solution.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.