- Table View
- List View
The objective of this introductory text is to familiarise students with the basic elements of fluid mechanics so that they will be familiar with the jargon of the discipline and the expected results. At the same time, this book serves as a long-term reference text, contrary to the oversimplified approach occasionally used for such introductory courses. The second objective is to provide a comprehensive foundation for more advanced courses in fluid mechanics (within disciplines such as mechanical or aerospace engineering). In order to avoid confusing the students, the governing equations are introduced early, and the assumptions leading to the various models are clearly presented. This provides a logical hierarchy and explains the interconnectivity between the various models. Supporting examples demonstrate the principles and provide engineering analysis tools for many engineering calculations.
Low-Speed Aerodynamics is important in the design and operation of aircraft flying at low Mach number, as well as for ground and marine vehicles. This book offers a modern treatment of the subject, both the theory of inviscid, incompressible, and irrotational aerodynamics and the computational techniques now available to solve complex problems. A unique feature of the text is the computational approach (from a single vortex element to a three-dimensional panel formulation) interwoven throughout. Thus, the reader can learn about classical methods to solve real world aerodynamics problems. This second edition includes a new chapter on the laminar boundary layer, the latest versions of computational technique, and additional coverage of interaction problems. It includes a systematic treatment of two-dimensional panel methods and a detailed presentation of computational techniques for three-dimensional and unsteady flows. With extensive illustrations and examples, this book will be useful for senior and beginning graduate-level courses as well as a useful reference for practicing engineers. Book jacket.
Selected essays about the novel.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.