Real case studies on bribery and corruption written by expert fraud examinersBribery and Corruption Casebook: The View from Under the Table is a one-of-a-kind collection of actual cases written by the fraud examiners who investigated them. These stories were hand-selected from hundreds of submissions and together form a comprehensive, enlightening and entertaining picture of the many types of bribery and corruption cases in varied industries throughout the world.Each case outlines how the bribe or corruption was engineered, how it was investigated, and how perpetrators were brought to justiceWritten for fraud investigators, auditors, compliance officers, and corporate lawyersReflects the recent crackdown on bribery and prosecution of cases under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)Also by Dr. Joseph T. Wells: Fraud Casebook, Principles of Fraud Examination, and Computer Fraud CasebookThis book reveals the dangers of bribery and corruption and the measures that can be taken to prevent it from happening in the first place.
This one-of-a-kind collection consists of actual cases written by fraud examiners out in the field. These cases were hand selected from hundreds of submissions and together form a comprehensive picture of the many types of computer fraud how they are investigated, across industries and throughout the world. Topics included are email fraud, on-line auction fraud, security breaches, counterfeiting, and others.
A comprehensive look at financial statement fraud from the experts who actually investigated them. This collection of revealing case studies sheds clear insights into the dark corners of financial statement fraud. Includes cases submitted by fraud examiners across industries and throughout the world Fascinating cases hand-picked and edited by Joseph T. Wells, the founder and Chairman of the world's leading anti-fraud organization ? the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) ? and author of Corporate Fraud Handbook Outlines how each fraud was engineered, how it was investigated and how the perpetrators were brought to justice Providing an insider's look at fraud, Financial Statement Fraud Casebook illuminates the combination of timing, teamwork and vision necessary to understand financial statement fraud and prevent it from happening in the first place.
A collection of insightful, poignant, and humorous stories from Dr. Joseph Wells, the world's foremost fraud expert?with gutsy revelations of his own past mistakes From his dysfunctional childhood in rural Oklahoma; his service in the U. S. Navy; a brief stint in public accounting followed by a career in the FBI; and founding the world's largest anti-fraud organization, Wells' colorful life experiences were preparation for his rise to one of the globe's most revered antifraud experts. Written by the preeminent antifraud authority and founder and Chairman of the ACFE Offers a fascinating behind-the-scenes look at the life of one of the most influential white-collar crime experts of our time At a period when dishonesty at top U. S. companies is dominating public attention, The Fables and Foibles of a Fraud Fighter is a surprisingly frank and gripping memoir from an unsurprisingly effective fraud fighter. This autobiography forms a full tapestry of a life, displaying wit, intrigue, trepidation, regret, and finally, ultimate victory.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.