- Table View
- List View
Casebooks generally present a series of cases followed by notes and questions, but the authors of this text saw the need for something different. They wrote this coursebook with features that are student-friendly. Each chapter begins with a summary, and each case begins with an introduction that includes questions to think about before reading the case. Notes and questions follow, but this work differs from others in that almost all the questions are answered. Ease of use and clarity shaped the design and organization of the book (e. g. short chapters, the use of fonts and borders to designate types of text, summaries of key concepts). Material is presented in chapters on subject matter jurisdiction, personal jurisdiction, venue, pleading, joinder and supplemental jurisdiction, discovery, choice of law, trial and pretrial, and after final judgment. Joseph W. Glannon and Andrew M. Perlman are affiliated with Suffolk U. , and Peter Raven-Hansen, with George Washington U. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
For two decades this book has helped students understand the intricacies of civil procedure. Professor Glannon, using the extremely successful "Examples amd Explanations" format that he created, teaches students about civil procedure in an entertaining and elucidating way.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.