- Table View
- List View
From the familiar orange and lemon to the exotic pomelo, citron, and calamondin, citrus fruits have been loved throughout history for their flavor, beauty, and nutritional value. In this collection of over 150 citrus recipes from around the world, Josephine Bacon tells readers how to brighten a table with citrus fruits at any time of the year. With recipes from winter favorites like No-Bake Fruitcake and Old English Syllabub to cool and refreshing summer dishes sucha s Citrus Artichoke Salad, there's something here for any palate. With its in-depth account of the history and folklore of citrus, this book is an essential addition to the library of every cook.
Completely revised and updated, the Easy Menu Ethnic Cookbooks series serves up tantalizing recipes for countless dishes. Seasoned with vibrant, color photographs and easy, step-by-step directions, many of the recipes are low in fat and call for ingredients you may already have at home. Also included are new vegetarian recipes, complete menu suggestions, and an expanded cultural section highlighting each country or region's people, customs, holidays--and of course, food. Supports the national curriculum standards Culture; People, Places, and Environments; Production, Distribution, and Consumption; and Global Connections as outlined by the National Council for the Social Studies.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.