- Table View
- List View
This book is a challenge to teens to live out the truth of their faith.
"A strong and positive self-image is intensely desired in today's self-centered world. But is such an image an important or even legitimate quest for the Christian, who is commanded to forget self in order to glorify God and serve others? In His Image ... My Image, Josh McDowell turns to the Bible to show that Christians actually serve God and others in the best manner possible once they have realized and experienced the high worth they possess in the mind and heart of God. But, are being made in the image of God (His Image) and consistently living that reality (My Image) two different things? Relating both personal experiences and those of others, Josh examines how a poor view of self is often molded in early childhood. Then he shows how the heavenly viewpoint of who we are -- our only basis for a true self-image -- can take root in a Christian's heart and mind."
Consider the questions which McDowell poses in each chapter: "What Makes Jesus So Different? Lord, Liar, or Lunatic? What About Science? Are Biblical Records Reliable? Who Would Die for a Lie? What Good Is a Dead Messiah? Did You Hear What Happened to Saul? Can You Keep a Good Man Down? Will the Real Messiah Please Stand Up? Isn't There Some Other Way? He Changed My Life!" A brilliant consideration of the Christian beliefs surrounding Jesus Christ. This file should make a fine embossed braille copy.
"O" God: A Dialogue on Truth and Oprah's Spirituality provides an in-depth look at one of the greatest media influences of all time: the empire of Oprah. Between The Oprah Winfrey Show and O Magazine, millions of people are exposed to Oprah's spiritual beliefs. Christians and those of other faiths are asking tough questions and looking for answers. McDowell and Sterrett approach the spirituality of Oprah by means of a fictional narrative featuring conversation between two friends. The spiritual conversation begins when the two girls get together to discuss spiritual issues. By using stories to address the deeper issues raised in the spiritual discussions held by Oprah and her friends, McDowell and Sterrett disarm and entertain their readers while also revealing biblical truths and exposing the errant teachings and misconceptions of Oprah. Meredith Andrews explains that: "In a day and time when some people feel that truth becomes obscure and moral lines are blurry, 'O' God addresses the popular concept of tolerance, along with other controversial ideas embraced and taught by Oprah herself, in a way that is easily accessible, scripturally based, and lovingly communicated. McDowell and Sterrett do a phenomenal job of comparing and contrasting Oprah's spiritual undertakings with God's Word and helping readers to thoroughly examine the spiritual trends of the day. Completely eye-opening and a must-read." McDowell, a mega-bestselling Christian author and evangelist, teams up with Sterrett, a gifted writer and popular speaker, to broach a serious subject with a wise, balanced, easy-to-read approach. McDowell and Sterrett help readers to discern the truth about the spirituality of Oprah and her friends.
Amy wants to be a soccer star more than anything. She's sure all the kids would like her more if she won the big game. But is being a star as important as doing her best? It's hard for Amy to understand that real love isn't based on her performance -- just as it's hard for most children. Use this story as an opportunity to remind your child that doing his best is all you -- and God -- expect. At the end of the story, you'll find questions to help you get the conversation started.
(THIS SYNOPSIS IS QUOTED FROM THE LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE COVERS OF THE BOOK) "IN THE NOT-TOO-DISTANT FUTURE, the nation plummets toward moral bankruptcy as drugs, prostitution, and other deviant behaviors gain praise and legislative approval in state after state. Morally and culturally diverse California splits into two states, and the race for North California's first governor becomes a heated clash over the issues of tolerance and intolerance. Blaming the godless culture for the loss of her son and the demise of her marriage, Stevie Van Horne leaves Los Angeles with her two children for the promise of a better life in North California. She pours herself into the campaign to elect conservative Dan Bellardi as governor to establish a safe haven where Judeo-Christian values can flourish once more. But the move north leaves the children yearning for their father, friends, and familiar surroundings. Terrorist attacks, a cult seduction, and interference from her ex-husband tempt Stevie to forget her goal. She is determined to salvage her aikido from the encroaching culture. But to do so she must release the past, rethink her priorities and fully trust God for her future."
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.