You Can Help Bring Heaven to Earth God so loved the world, and he still does. He values his creation too much to destroy it. If you know where to look, you can see that the coming of a new heaven and a new earth already has begun. Life on earth is renewed every time you live out Jesus's prayer that God's ways will be followed on earth. The work of God's Kingdom involves restoring what has been broken. This includes people, unjust systems, relationships, anything that has been separated from God and needs to be healed, reconciled, and set right. This is how heaven collides with earth--not following fiery destruction but in the power of restoring to life everything that God created. What you believe about God's plan for humanity and for his creation determines how you will invest your life. God calls all of us to this renewing work. You can help bring heaven to earth, starting today.From the Trade Paperback edition.
In an original and thought-provoking work, Pastor Josh Ross invites us to enter into the suffering around us--and to embrace our scars and God's restoring work.While many books declare God a great liberator, Pastor Josh Ross reminds us that He is also a God who enters into the sufferings of the world, bringing the message of hope that many need in their darkest hours. Scarred Faith meditates on this profound idea, showing how the doubts and pain within us can actually aid deep faith. Faith can be stirred within the walls of church buildings, but it is formed and nourished in the waiting rooms of hospitals, while holding kids affected by AIDS, and when being forced to venture outside one's social comforts. Deep faith is scarred faith--the story of scripture depicts a rended world in which God works to repair our brokenness. As Pastor Ross reminds us, often what we need isn't a God who will deliver us from a pit as much as a God who will get down into a pit with us. In Scarred Faith, he offers an unforgettable message: Grief opens us up to the greater suffering around us, allowing participation in God's story of restoration. It is this partnership that makes our doubts and pain allies of deep faith, opening our hearts to allow redemption in spite of all the questioning. Reflective and heartfelt, this contemplation of social justice and the opportunity offered by suffering will change the way many Christians view themselves and their world.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.