- Table View
- List View
You Deserve Your Success! Joyce Roché rose from humble circumstances to earn an Ivy League MBA and become the first female African-American vice president of Avon, president of a leading hair care company, and CEO of the national nonprofit Girls Inc. But despite these accomplishments, she felt like a fraud. She worked more and more, had less and less of a personal life, and was never able to enjoy her success. In this deeply personal memoir, Roché shares her lifelong struggle with what she now recognizes as "the impostor syndrome," a condition that plagues successful people in all walks of life. Based on her own experiences and those of top executives from organizations such as Eileen Fisher, Citigroup, BET, Pepsi, and Tupperware, she offers practical advice and valuable coping strategies that can help you embrace your own worth and live a life of joy, zest, and fulfillment. "The impostor syndrome is all too common among highly successful people--and until now a closely guarded secret! Joyce Roché's insights will make success at each stage of our life and career a more joyful experience for those of us--such as me--who have felt this insecurity." --Rick Goings, Chairman and CEO, Tupperware Brands Corporation "Whether you are just starting your career or are nearing its pinnacle, this book will do more than help you navigate effectively; it will help you enjoy the journey." --Earl "Butch" Graves Jr., President and CEO, Black Enterprise "This is a book that is so needed by women--especially younger women. [It] offers hope, guidance, and gentle mentorship to all of us who have ever confronted the fear of not measuring up." --Rosina L. Racioppi, President and CEO, Women Unlimited, Inc. "Silence and isolation are the hallmarks of the impostor syndrome. Joyce's courage in speaking out will be tremendously helpful to all those who have ever experienced these feelings by letting them know that they are not alone." --Pauline Rose Clance, PhD, psychotherapist who, with Suzanne Imes, PhD, first identified the impostor syndrome
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.