- Table View
- List View
The secret of this workout is "dynamic tension." By using only one set of three-pound dumbbells (hand-held weights) you create your own resistance by flexing and using dynamic tension. Thousands of women have written to me that they have achieved a tight, toned body with this 12-minute a day time investment. Perhaps the most important aspect of this book is its ability to force you to keep your workout and diet up on vacation, on business trips, and when visiting , any time you're away from home. It shows you how to eat around the most impossible home, hotel or business menu. You can do the workout with no weights while traveling by just doing the moves and using the tension.
Finally--the fitness program women have been demanding! Definition is Vedral's definitive workout with weights--a "true pyramid" aerobic weight-training program that produces small, toned, feminine muscles without unwanted bulk. The plan also includes a low-fat, never-go-hungry eating plan.
Award-winning fitness expert Joyce Vedral--author of Now or Never and The 12-Minute Total-Body Workout--offers an age-fighting plan to tone muscles and burn off fat.
A program specifically designed to counteract the effect of aging, now or never offers you: A simple, fully explained, 6-hour-a week workout you can do at home or in the gym. A completely reshaped and redefined body in only one year. Firmer upper arms, higher breast, curvier buttocks, smoother thighs, and a flatter stomach...And much more.
Today many school students are shielded from one of the most important concepts in modern science: evolution. In engaging and conversational style, Teaching About Evolution and the Nature of Science provides a well-structured framework for understanding and teaching evolution.Written for teachers, parents, and community officials as well as scientists and educators, this book describes how evolution reveals both the great diversity and similarity among the Earth's organisms; it explores how scientists approach the question of evolution; and it illustrates the nature of science as a way of knowing about the natural world. In addition, the book provides answers to frequently asked questions to help readers understand many of the issues and misconceptions about evolution.The book includes sample activities for teaching about evolution and the nature of science. For example, the book includes activities that investigate fossil footprints and population growth that teachers of science can use to introduce principles of evolution. Background information, materials, and step-by-step presentations are provided for each activity. In addition, this volume:-- Presents the evidence for evolution, including how evolution can be observed today.-- Explains the nature of science through a variety of examples.-- Describes how science differs from other human endeavors and why evolution is one of the best avenues for helping students understand this distinction.-- Answers frequently asked questions about evolution.Teaching About Evolution and the Nature of Science builds on the 1996 National Science Education Standards released by the National Research Council--and offers detailed guidance on how to evaluate and choose instructional materials that support the standards.Comprehensive and practical, this book brings one of today's educational challenges into focus in a balanced and reasoned discussion. It will be of special interest to teachers of science, school administrators, and interested members of the community.
In the first total-body weight training book for teens, fitness guru Joyce Vedral teaches girls how to use weights to build strong, fit bodies. Targeting specific problems faced by teens-from what to eat in the cafeteria to how to stay healthy at summer camp--Vedral coaches girls through her diet and highly effective weight training workouts with her signature frankness. She discusses the body image issues which often begin in these formative years and teaches girls how to break self-sabotaging habits and establish a healthy mindset. Using her comprehensive diet, with menus included, and an exercise regimen illustrated in black and white photographs, Vedral shows adolescent girls how to use total-body weight training as the key to better health.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.