- Table View
- List View
Neophyte crafters learn how to wield a crochet hook with skill and grace, enter yarn stores with confidence, and recreate their favorite crochet trends in this invaluable guide. Seemingly complex crocheting jargon and techniques are demystified with step-by-step photographs and instructions. Clear diagrams demonstrate how to hold a crochet hook and yarn, and form basic stitches to create a simple scarf. More advanced skills - such as shaping, working in rounds, motifs, and edging - lead into sophisticated projects, including an evening bag, a pillow, and an edged camisole. Designed for the extreme beginner, the manual also contains an index, a list of additional resources, and helpful charts.
A broad range of garment patterns and home accessory projects that transform traditional crochet projects into today's trendiest clothing are provided in this collection of fashionable crochet designs. Presented with easy, step-by-step instructions, illustrations, and photos, these 23 projects include a bohemian coat sweater, a mohair hat, retro bed slippers, and an assortment of trendsetting bags. Projects are included for baskets, pillows, and a throw to add a stylish twist to a crocheter's home decor. In addition to introducing basic crochet techniques, this guide tackles more advanced projects using a variety of yarns, including mohair, merino, angora blends, and linen.
Knitting is no longer just a grandmother's pastime! This extraordinary guide for the newer or younger knitter introduces classic and contemporary patterns that can be completed in a reasonable time, with clear, precise instructions. The creative, hip, and diverse designs include a boyfriend's sweater, chunky scarf, halter top, color block tote bag, cute mittens, mismatched striped socks, and much more. Each project is rounded out with a mini-lesson that covers such practical skills as fringing and striping, circular knitting, working with double pointed needles, and creating decorative edges and decreases. This collection is the beginner's single source for getting started and having fun with chic designs that will never go out of style.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.