- Table View
- List View
Neophyte crafters learn how to wield a crochet hook with skill and grace, enter yarn stores with confidence, and recreate their favorite crochet trends in this invaluable guide. Seemingly complex crocheting jargon and techniques are demystified with step-by-step photographs and instructions. Clear diagrams demonstrate how to hold a crochet hook and yarn, and form basic stitches to create a simple scarf. More advanced skills - such as shaping, working in rounds, motifs, and edging - lead into sophisticated projects, including an evening bag, a pillow, and an edged camisole. Designed for the extreme beginner, the manual also contains an index, a list of additional resources, and helpful charts.
A broad range of garment patterns and home accessory projects that transform traditional crochet projects into today's trendiest clothing are provided in this collection of fashionable crochet designs. Presented with easy, step-by-step instructions, illustrations, and photos, these 23 projects include a bohemian coat sweater, a mohair hat, retro bed slippers, and an assortment of trendsetting bags. Projects are included for baskets, pillows, and a throw to add a stylish twist to a crocheter's home decor. In addition to introducing basic crochet techniques, this guide tackles more advanced projects using a variety of yarns, including mohair, merino, angora blends, and linen.
Knitting is no longer just a grandmother's pastime! This extraordinary guide for the newer or younger knitter introduces classic and contemporary patterns that can be completed in a reasonable time, with clear, precise instructions. The creative, hip, and diverse designs include a boyfriend's sweater, chunky scarf, halter top, color block tote bag, cute mittens, mismatched striped socks, and much more. Each project is rounded out with a mini-lesson that covers such practical skills as fringing and striping, circular knitting, working with double pointed needles, and creating decorative edges and decreases. This collection is the beginner's single source for getting started and having fun with chic designs that will never go out of style.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.