- Table View
- List View
Narrates the preparations and activities which culminated in man's first landing on the moon in July 1969.
A simple account of the sinking of the Titanic and the discovery of its remains many years later.
Kid's book about how the Titanic sank and was found again.
This describes several successful searches for lost treasure, including discoveries of sunken Spanish ships off the Florida coast, and the sacred well of the Mayans in the Yucatan.
Illus. in full color with black-and-white & full-color photos. "Beginning with the death of Tutankhamen, the book moves forward to archaeologist Howard Carter's discovery of the tomb. Information about ancient Egyptian life is interspersed in a clear, smooth fashion throughout. A good way to get readers into non-fiction."--Booklist.
Describes the burial of the pharaoh Tutankhamen and the discovery of his long-lost tomb by archaeologists more than 3,000 years later.
Surveys the history of the Vietnam War, chronicles the construction of the Vietnam Memorial, and discusses what the Memorial means to many Americans.
Step into Reading with A WALL OF NAMES: The Story of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial "Why did you die and not me?" This is a note to a dead soldier from an old friend. It is one of hundreds of notes left every year beside the Vietnam Veterans Memorial -- a wall curved with the names of all the US soldiers who died in the Vietnam War. The wall was built to honor these men and women and to heal the deep wounds left by the longest and most hated war ever fought by Americans. Here's the dramatic story of how the wall came to be and what Vietnam meant to our country in the war-torn years of the 60s. Select picture descriptions added and captions
Examines events surrounding the assassination of President Kennedy in 1963. Also discusses the Warren Commission findings and conspiracy theories.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.