- Table View
- List View
With society increasingly held hostage to stress, conflict, and violence, the issue of anger is getting lots of attention. Couples, families, schools, and workplaces are all focusing attention on anger and how to effectively deal with it. In contrast to books that analyze the causes of anger or discuss the issue on a societal level, Getting Over Getting Mad provides us with inspiration and suggestions for making positive changes in ourselves and our relationships. The book's primary emphasis is on prevention, encouraging us to deal with stress, frustration, tantrums, and annoyances quickly, before these disturbances sour feelings and burn bridges. The book also gives concrete suggestions for handling anger in ongoing difficult situations, and chronicles the author's own experiences as a therapist and workshop leader.
Single is. . . . . . not a condition to be cured. . . it's just as natural as being part of a couple. Its wisdom is contagious. Its message is powerful. . . . a one-of-a-kind book that speaks a universal language to single women everywhere. . . . a sometimes funny, sometimes, touching, and always uplifing collection of true-life experiences and practical wisdom that helps you celebrate your single status. Singleis about upholding the most enduring relationship of all: the one we have withourselves.
Family therapist and nationally known parenting expert Judy Ford has a lot to say on the subject of family and home. Her accessible and friendly style offers practical suggestions and helpful advice from her own life and practice. This hard-won wisdom and tried-and-true approach to strenthening family bonds sets Ford apart from many other authors in this genre. Refreshinngly honest about the realities of today's family life, Ford's book is a true help to those in need of support and inspiration.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.