- Table View
- List View
Discover the wellness program that's right for you!With so many choices out there, it's easy to feel overwhelmed. So we've compiled excerpts of some of our bestselling health and diet books for you to try on for size. Whether your goal is to lose weight, get fit or make more wholesome meals, you'll find something here that's right for you:The Virgin Diet: Avoid high-allergy foods to reduce inflammation and lose that stubborn weight.The Beauty Detox Solution: Cut beauty-stealing foods from your diet and discover radiant skin, shinier hair and stronger nails.Your Best Body Now: Live an Eat-Clean lifestyle and feel fabulous at any age.Quick & Easy Paleo Comfort Foods: More than 100 delicious gluten-free recipes from bestselling authors Charles and Julie Mayfield.The New Lean for Life: The doctor-created, scientifically proven program that has helped more than 750,000 people lose more than 15 million pounds.Eat and Beat Diabetes: The most delicious way you can imagine to lose weight and fight diabetes.
Crowd-pleasing Dishes for Entertaining and CelebrationsPackable Paleo Recipes for Summer GetawaysTravel Tips to Vacation Paleo-StyleMouthwatering Meals Featuring Local, Seasonal FareAh, summer: the perfect time of year for tailgates, picnics, BBQs and sunny celebrations-and for delicious and healthy Paleo food! Written by two Paleo veterans and bestselling cookbook authors, The Paleo Summer Survival Guide is your go-to resource for a fun and healthy summer, Paleo style. Julie and Charles Mayfield have collected their top 12 no-fail summer recipes so that you can stay the Paleo course through every potluck, picnic and road trip adventure. Featuring travel tips and plan-ahead advice for fall (like freezing and canning so you can enjoy summer's bounty all year round), this e-book is a must-have for Paleo devotees and anyone looking to rejuvenate their health this summer.Julie and Charles Mayfield began living a Paleo lifestyle in 2009 and haven't looked back since. They brought their love of home cooking and the Paleo movement to the masses through their first book, Paleo Comfort Foods (Victory Belt). When not in the kitchen, the Mayfields own and operate BTB CrossFitVinings, a CrossFit affiliate in the greater Atlanta area, where they have spearheaded several Paleo challenges for hundreds of clients, resulting in many inches lost and lives changed. The Mayfields live in Smyrna, Georgia. Their new book, Quick & Easy Paleo Comfort Foods (Harlequin Nonfiction) will publish in October 2013. Visit them at PaleoComfortFoods.com.
Lyons (conflict management and political science, U. of Akron) and Drew (English, U. of Akron) examine ways that schools are being punished as part of zero tolerance policies. They argue that schools are treated like prisons because of fear and how this fear is produced in suburban high schools, using the film Pleasantville as an example. They then address how urban high schools are seen as threatening and expendable. Elements of funding, taxation, politics, media portrayal, the role of public schools, and views about diversity are explored. Annotation ©2006 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.