After trying every diet program imaginable--from Atkins to Optifast--media giant and self-confessed junk-food junkie Oprah Winfrey met personal trainer and exercise physiologist Bob Greene. The rest is talk-show history. (Who can forget seeing Oprah wheeling that wagon of fat onstage? ) Instead of fad diets, fasts, and quick fixes, Greene taught Oprah how to eat right and exercise regularly. He helped her lose more than 70 pounds and changed her life forever. In Make the Connection, Greene tells you how to lose weight the Oprah way: with hard work that includes a sensible diet and daily workouts. He gives 10 steps that he believes are the fastest and most effective ways to increase your metabolism and decrease your weight. You'll also learn why we eat, how to become self-aware, the purpose of body fat, and the physics of body weight. To keep you motivated, Oprah shares her personal shape-up story and offers suggestions for sticking with the program. Make the Connection is about more than shedding pounds. It is also about making a daily commitment to take care of your body and feel better about yourself.
Rafferty Goldstone, the protagonist of this HBR case study, was one of Bulwark Securities' hottest sales reps, but he dreamed of management. So he was elated when he was chosen to fill a manager's slot that had opened up on the East Coast. Now, six months later, he's in deep trouble and doesn't know where to turn for help. But who's responsible for Goldstone's floundering? And can anything be done to direct him down the right path? In 96201 and 96201Z, Thomas J. DeLong, Ellen Hart, Kathleen Collman, John Doumani, Joseph L. Galarneau, and Julie Johnson offer advice on this fictional case study.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.