The successful previous volume on this topic provided a detailed benchwork manual for the most commonly used animal models of acute neurological injuries including cerebral ischemia, hemorrhage, vasospasm, and traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries. Animal Models of Acute Neurological Injuries II: Injury and Mechanistic Assessments aims to collect chapters on assessing these disorders from cells and molecules to behavior and imaging. These comprehensive assessments are the key for understanding disease mechanisms as well as developing novel therapeutic strategies to ameliorate or even prevent damages to the nervous system. Volume 2 examines global cerebral ischemia, focal cerebral ischemia, and neonatal hypoxia-ischemia, as well as intensive sections covering traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury. Designed to provide both expert guidance and step-by-step procedures, chapters serve to increase understanding in what, why, when, where, and how a particular assessment is used. Accessible and essential, Animal Models of Acute Neurological Injuries II: Injury and Mechanistic Assessments will be useful for trainees or beginners in their assessments of acute neurological injuries, for experienced scientists from other research fields who are interested in either switching fields or exploring new opportunities, and for established scientists within the field who wish to employ new assessments.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.