- Table View
- List View
Pre-service and in-service teachers alike benefit from the experience of renowned authors Charles Temple, Miriam Martinez, and Junko Yokota as they share a wealth of richly illustrated, practical ideas for sharing literature with children. The authors focus on creating an understanding of how literature works and how children respond to literature, they provide a wide range of good books to use with children, and they suggest ways to guide children into books and help them enjoy the experience. Dozens of new authors and books have been added to this new edition of Children's books in Children's Hands: An Introduction to Their Literature, 4e, making it interesting and current, and the continued emphasis on cultural diversity includes a new chapter on international books.
In Journeys of Wonder, the stories, poems, and articles will take you to many exciting places. You will meet many unusual characters and read about interesting facts. Some stories might even make you laugh out loud. You can learn something new on every reading journey. As you read this book, you will learn to be a better reader.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.