- Table View
- List View
Developmental Mathematics is a new addition to the Martin-Gay work text series and is intended for a 2-3 semester sequence of Basic Math,Introductory Algebra and Intermediate Algebra. The text provides complete coverage for basic mathematics and introductory algebra courses and with the appendices ("further topics in algebra") it provides the necessary intermediate algebra topics. The Whole Numbers; Multiplying and Dividing Fractions; Adding and Subtracting Fractions; Decimals; Per¢ Geometry; Statistics and Probability; Real Numbers and Introduction to Algebra; Equations, Inequalities, and Problem Solving; Graphing Equations and Inequalities; Systems of Linear Equations; Exponents and Polynomials; Factoring Polynomials; Rational Expressions; Roots and Radicals; Quadratic Equations and Nonlinear Graphs; Further Algebraic Topics; Tables; The Bigger Picture; Further Geometric Topics; Inductive and Deductive Reasoning; Sample THEA Test For all readers interested in developmental mathematics.
Intermediate Algebra, Fourth Edition was written to provide a solid foundation in algebra for students who might have had no previous experience in algebra. Specific care has been taken to ensure that students have the most up-to-date and relevant text preparation for their next mathematics course, as well as to help students to succeed in nonmathematical courses that require a grasp of algebraic fundamentals.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.