- Table View
- List View
Developmental Mathematics is a new addition to the Martin-Gay work text series and is intended for a 2-3 semester sequence of Basic Math,Introductory Algebra and Intermediate Algebra. The text provides complete coverage for basic mathematics and introductory algebra courses and with the appendices ("further topics in algebra") it provides the necessary intermediate algebra topics. The Whole Numbers; Multiplying and Dividing Fractions; Adding and Subtracting Fractions; Decimals; Per¢ Geometry; Statistics and Probability; Real Numbers and Introduction to Algebra; Equations, Inequalities, and Problem Solving; Graphing Equations and Inequalities; Systems of Linear Equations; Exponents and Polynomials; Factoring Polynomials; Rational Expressions; Roots and Radicals; Quadratic Equations and Nonlinear Graphs; Further Algebraic Topics; Tables; The Bigger Picture; Further Geometric Topics; Inductive and Deductive Reasoning; Sample THEA Test For all readers interested in developmental mathematics.
Intermediate Algebra, Fourth Edition was written to provide a solid foundation in algebra for students who might have had no previous experience in algebra. Specific care has been taken to ensure that students have the most up-to-date and relevant text preparation for their next mathematics course, as well as to help students to succeed in nonmathematical courses that require a grasp of algebraic fundamentals.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.