- Table View
- List View
This volume presents a variety of play approaches that facilitate children's healing in a shorter time frame. Invaluable for any clinician seeking to optimize limited time with clients, the book provides effective methods for treating children struggling with such challenges as posttraumatic stress disorder, anxiety, disruptive behavior, mood disorders, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and parental divorce. Individual, family, and group treatment models are described and illustrated with richly detailed case examples. Featuring session-by-session guidelines, chapters demonstrate how to engage clients rapidly, develop appropriate treatment goals, and implement carefully structured brief interventions that yield lasting results. New to This Edition All chapters have been revised. New chapters on bipolar disorder, PTSD, family and group sand play, and parent training approaches.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.