- Table View
- List View
This volume presents a variety of play approaches that facilitate children's healing in a shorter time frame. Invaluable for any clinician seeking to optimize limited time with clients, the book provides effective methods for treating children struggling with such challenges as posttraumatic stress disorder, anxiety, disruptive behavior, mood disorders, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and parental divorce. Individual, family, and group treatment models are described and illustrated with richly detailed case examples. Featuring session-by-session guidelines, chapters demonstrate how to engage clients rapidly, develop appropriate treatment goals, and implement carefully structured brief interventions that yield lasting results. New to This Edition All chapters have been revised. New chapters on bipolar disorder, PTSD, family and group sand play, and parent training approaches.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.