- Table View
- List View
Discover the possibilities of cold joins The hottest trend is cold. Cold-connection techniques are pushing the envelope of what is possible in metal without the use of a torch or kiln. All the necessary tools and materials-a common drill, hammer, sandpaper, wire, metal sheet-are all readily available and affordable for almost any budget. Learn how to use rivets, screws, and other materials to combine elements without having to deal with heat. Master jewelry designers Robert Dancik, Connie Fox, Susan Lenart Kazmer, Tracey Stanley, and others offer signature pieces, constructed using cold-joins. Accompanying each project are expert tips and tricks for additional ideas and customization. Metal Styleis full of inspiration and techniques for jewelry makers looking to ignite a creative spark in their metal jewelry without lighting a flame.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.