- Table View
- List View
A text for use in courses in rehabilitation counseling, educational psychology, and special education, also useful for practicing counselors and educators. Section I introduces the field, types of clients, theories, and legislation. Section II details five key career counseling content areas, and Section III addresses disability- specific considerations. Section IV describes local, state, and national resources and lists helpful phone numbers. Includes chapter-opening vignettes and application activities, and five appendices of reproducible handouts to use with clients. Annotation copyrighted by Book News, Inc., Portland, OR
Although there has been an ever-increasing awareness of the critical need for literacy skills in the United States (Chisman, 1990; Graubard, 1991; Sum, 1999), very little attention has been focused on the special challenges inherent in providing basic literacy skills instruction to adults with visual disabilities.
Skills for Success: A Career Education Handbook for Children and Adolescents with Visual Impairmentsby Karen E. Wolffe
Innovative materials for helping youngsters start on successful careers! Skills for Success details specific activities for preparing children with visual impairments for independence in daily life and success on the job. This comprehensive manual outlines how important capabilities can be developed through meaningful learning experiences at different ages. Contributors who are experts in their subject areas focus on suggestions for developing abilities leading to career and life satisfaction for preschoolers, elementary school students, and middle school students. Providing a wide range of information and resources, Skills for Success will prove an invaluable guide to teachers, parents, and others who work with children with visual impairments.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.