- Table View
- List View
Osama bin Laden was the most wanted man in American history--an enemy who brought the United States what President George W. Bush called "a day of fire," and ushered in a new era of terrorism. It took a decade of blood and sacrifice, of determination and frustration, but finally, in a nighttime raid at the end of a dirt road in Pakistan, the hunt for Bin Laden ended with a gunshot. It was a dramatic climax to a long and painful chapter. But now what? The terrorist threat that has defined American policy since the attacks of 9/11 did not die with Bin Laden in his walled compound near Islamabad. Radicals still wish us harm, and we must fight on. In this provocative collection of essays edited and introduced by Pulitzer Prize winner Jon Meacham, a group of penetrating analysts and leaders look ahead to the world after Bin Laden--to the future of Al Qaeda, of Afghanistan, of Pakistan. We explore the political, military, and cultural implications of the post-Bin Laden war on terror. From Richard N. Haass of the Council on Foreign Relations to former Secretary of State James A. Baker III, from historian and journalist Evan Thomas to former U.S. Army officer Andrew Exum, Beyond Bin Laden gives readers intelligent, deeply informed, and urgent glimpses of what comes next. Contributors include: * Jon Meacham, executive editor, Random House * James A. Baker III, former Secretary of State * Karen Hughes, former counselor to President George W. Bush and former Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy * Richard N. Haass, president, Council on Foreign Relations * Bing West, author, The Wrong War, and former Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs * Andrew Exum, fellow, Center for a New American Security * Daniel Markey, senior fellow for India, Pakistan, and South Asia, Council on Foreign Relations * Evan Thomas, award-winning historian and former editor-at-large, Newsweek.
Supermodel Darcy Taylor was ready to turn over a new leaf. Kiss her agent, New York City And The press goodbye. Come back home to Texas, where she belonged. And set up housekeeping. . . alone. Fertility specialist Dr. Mitchell Maitland couldn't believe his eyes when his high school pal showed up in his office, requesting he take her on as a patient. Darcy had left without a word all those years ago. Mitchell was thirty-nine and divorced, but he'd never gotten over his teenage crush on Darcy. Now he had ethics to consider. He had paparazzi to ward off. But one thing was for sure. He was not about to assist the woman of his dreams to have another man's child!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.