- Table View
- List View
Meet Indie Kidd, who is celebrating her 10th birthday. Or she would be celebrating if it weren't for a horrible school project. Indie's teacher loves making lists and wants the students to list their top three talents. Never mind three talents, Indie can hardly think of one. Her super-talented best friends, Soph and Fee, have quickly finished their lists. Now, there's no time to lose as the girls team up to help Indie find her special talents. She tries just about everything from hair wrapping to magic tricks. There's got to be something Indie's good at--or at least good(ish). From the Trade Paperback edition.
INDIE KIDD CAN'T wait to be a cool grown-up. Actually, she wants to be a cool grown-up right now. Lately Indie's mother has been acting weird and treating her like she's a little kid. Indie thinks it would be cool to get a job and live wherever she wants, just like Caitlin, who rents a room in their house. She even wants to hang out with Caitlin rather than her own friends, who aren't grown up enough to understand how she feels. Little does she know that trying to be a cool grown-up could get her into a whole heap of trouble. From the Trade Paperback edition.
There's no way Indie Kidd would ever want to be without her best(est) friends, Soph and Fee. Indie knows how much fun it is having friends, so she gets to work on the very important project of helping her stepbrother Dylan make some best friends of his own. The trouble is Indie's so busy improving Dylan's image, that she's hardly had time for Soph and Fee. Now they're freezing her out and Indie feels like she's lost her best(est) friends. And ouch that hurts!From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.