- Table View
- List View
Bestselling urban author Karen Williams returns with another explosive tale of obsessive love gone horribly wrong. Twenty-four-year-old Alexis Vancamp has the world at her feet. She is young, beautiful, educated, and adored by her family, fiancé, and friends. Just when she thinks her life is set, in walks sexy, thugged-out Santana. He's a dangerous man with a dark secret, a rough past, and a plan to get Alexis under his thumb. Despite the warnings from the people around her, Alexis finds herself drawn to this man. To have him means to lose everything, but none of this bothers Alexis as long as she has him in her world. Santana soon leads Alexis down a destructive path. He turns her away from her family and friends. Alexis's sheltered life dissipates as she finds herself wrapped up in deceit, violence, lies, and trouble with the law. Despite losing almost everything, Alexis still refuses to let Santana go. When his mind-blowing secret is revealed, will she step away before it's too late?
Karen Williams, author of Harlem on Lock and The People Vs. Cashmere, brings you this dark street tale. Follow the highs and lows of Cha, Goldie, and Red, who come together for fun, laughs, and sometimes treachery in Long Beach, California. For these three ladies, survival was always about getting over by using lies, deceit, and sex. But when a plan goes dangerously wrong, Cha and Goldie take a step back out of the life. Cha desperately wants to rid herself of the demons of her past so she can at least feel normal enough to raise her son, Omari. Goldie ain't feeling the hood life anymore. She's tired of going from man to man, and knows her parents are rolling over in their graves at the life she chose for herself. Red craves the streets, and will cross anyone, friends included, to get what she wants. She steps deeper in the game, making her dirtier than she already is--so dirty that she will betray both Cha and Goldie, leading to horrifying consequences. Dirty to the Grave goes harder than Karen Williams has ever gone, with an explosive ending that will shock you and make you wonder: Are your friends really your friends? They say life is hard from the cradle to the grave, and once you think people can't get any dirtier, they do!
A practical guide to finding the best approach for you and your child
Meet the Pierce family. Desmond Pierce, a hard-working man from the South is determined to give his and wife and daughters a good life in Compton, California. Pearla Pierce is a sexy and seductive mother who plays wifey and devoted mother only when her husband is home. Then there's Carmen, a promiscuous seventeen-year-old on a self-destructive path and jealous of her younger sister. Cashmere, a thirteen-year-old, struggles to hold her family together out of love for her father. When tragedy hits home, Carmen and Cashmere find themselves orphans living with their hateful aunt and having to resort to stripping and selling drugs to survive. Carmen drags Cashmere into a world of drugs, violence and sex when she allows a ruthless pimp named Black to turn her out. Against her will, Cashmere is also forced to work for Black by prostituting herself for high-class ballers. Carmen's jealousy toward her younger sister continues when she sees Black falling in love with Cashmere. Carmen's need to destroy her sister sets off a chain of events that lands Cashmere in jail. Cashmere is left alone and broken, but with the hope that some way, somehow, she can be fixed.
Giselle thinks she has the perfect life. Her fine and sexy husband, Giovanni, is obsessed with his perfect wife and gives her whatever her heart desires. Giselle thinks her husband can do no wrong. What she doesn't know is that his lucrative adult film company is not as legit as it seems, and Giovanni's seedy dealings put his precious wife in danger. Giselle is kidnapped by a vicious drug dealer named Bryce, who is hell bent on revenge after his sister comes up missing and he believes Giovanni is responsible. Bryce takes the thing he knows Giovanni treasures most. He plans to torture Giselle, but instead he finds himself falling in love with her. He reveals the truth about Giovanni and the news pushes her right into Bryce's arms. Giovanni wages a war against Bryce and anyone close to him, leaving several dead bodies in his wake. Now that he has his wife back, Giovanni thinks things can return to the way they were. Giselle, however, can't get Bryce out of her system, and continues to see him behind Giovanni's back. As the war between these two men heats up again, Giselle has to decide if being with the man she loves is worth risking her life.
Chance may have a good job, a nice home and a beautiful girlfriend, but he still has ties to his past, like his homeboy, Calhoun, a drug-selling deadbeat. Then Chance's upright life flips upside down when he's framed for murder and loses everything--his job, his home, his girlfriend and almost his mind. Behind bars, Chance's only ray of hope in his life is his pen pal, Deyja. . . . When he's released after seven years, he finds her, but he doesn't reveal his true identity to her. Deyja doesn't realize she's falling for her former pen pal. All she knows is she's finally found a man who satisfies her every desire. But when Chance's old friends creep back into his life, will his past destroy his future with the woman he loves?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.