- Table View
- List View
Marital Misery? You're Not Alone Contemplating divorce? (Gasp)Never!Murder? (Hmmmmm)Well, maybehellip;!If your marriage resembles a combat zone more than a covenant commitment, you're in good company. If You Don't Die to Self, I May Have to Kill Youis packed with juicy foibles and misdeeds candidly expressed by Emmy-nominated TV news reporter Karen Long . Follow her behind the scenes to discover solid spiritual ammunition targeting attitude, gratitude, contentment, forgiveness, self-denial, and even suffering. Romance, suspense, and intrigue mark Karen's antics, and "what not to dos" reinforce biblical principles that light the way from marital misery to a harmonious hitch. Contemplating Divorce? (Gasp) Never! Murder? (Pause) Well. . . maybe! The slogan for The Divorce Store reads: "When 'till death do you part' isn't soon enough. " Can you relate? "Instead of just waiting for Paul to keel over, I spent years looking for a younger woman for him, someone who enjoys doing laundry. " "I calculated I'd forgiven Paul the biblicallyrequiredseven times seventy-490 times-over the course of one weekend alonehellip;" "When 'two become one flesh,' you either get some unity or you get Frankenstein. We got a monster of a marriagehellip;" When your marriage resembles a combat zone more than a covenant commitment, you need a few weapons, erhellip;toolsat your disposal. Former award-winning TV news reporter Karen Long candidly expresses juicy foibles and misdeeds marking her treacherous memorable twenty-year marriage with Paul. The happy ending? They're still married. Only now they're laughing. Karen will arm you with solid spiritual ammunition targeting attitude, gratitude, contentment, forgiveness, and-of course-suffering. Humorously revealing her hard-won wisdom, this book is your ticket out of marital misery and into a harmonious hitch. "A book just like the author-witty, funny, charming, and full of depth. It will make you laugh and cry, but mostly you will learn about yourself and what it takes to finish the marriage journey with a smile on your face. " Congressman James E. Rogan Story Behind the Book Karen Long gave up a lucrative career as a TV news reporter "broadcasting live from the mean streets of Los Angeles " to go home to a husband, kids, and real action and drama. She tells of being on the frontlines of the home front in this evangelical exposeacute; on the epidemic of marital misery. "Over the years," Karen says, "my husband, Paul, pushed all my buttons, including the little red one that can blast a nuclear family of five into oblivion. Paul often brought out the very worst in mehellip;allowing me to see my great need for a Savior instead of a good divorce attorney. Yes, this would be a terribly tragic story if it wasn't such a terrific, true testimony for the Lord. "
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.