- Table View
- List View
There's no sun warm enough to melt the frozen past. . . Women flock to Key West for beaches, margaritas and other women. Anidyr Bycall is there because it's 5,000 miles away from Fairbanks. Tending bar by night, she spends her days immersed in the research of her only remaining passion in life: the ice fields of Alaska. Loss of all her dreams has left Ani cold inside and out, and no amount of warm sunshine--or warm women--has brought about a thaw. But trends may be improving when new data suggests that the melting glaciers back home might yield up a long-buried secret. If Ani finds its first, she might finally gain justice in the courts of public and academic opinions, and reclaim the respect and admiration she once saw in the eyes of the only woman who ever mattered. Golden Crown and Lambda Literary award-winning author Karin Kallmaker's exciting story of the frozen north proves that every icy heart can be thawed when the emotions are hot enough. Warming Trend adds to her long list of bestselling and critically acclaimed novels.
Teresa Mandrell's first encounter with advertising executive Rayann Germaine begins badly and goes downhill from there. Within minutes of their meeting, Rayann dubs Teresa a "bumbling amateur." The event changes the course of Teresa's life -- she abandons the corporate world for what she hopes is a more satisfying career in Fine Arts Management. When budget cuts leave her without work, Teresa gets a job as a design artist in another firm, only to discover that the new department head is ... Rayann! But the difference in the woman's demeanor is so startling that Teresa can't believe her eyes. Although the woman she'd fought with had been insensitive and rude, she was full of fire and passion. This Rayann is cold and withdrawn. To Teresa's chagrin, the woman doesn't even remember their fight. In fact, the two fall easily into an increasingly harmonious work relationship. As they grow even closer, Teresa slowly uncovers layer after layer of Rayann's hurtand pain. When she at last arrives at the terrible truth, Teresa is left with one burning question: How can she turn Rayann's heart away from grief and lead her back toward life and love?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.