- Table View
- List View
A deadly masquerade. As an undercover asset for the FBI, Sasha Bracciali can deceive with finesse and improvise at a moment's notice. And she'll gladly practice any deception if it means saving a kidnapped Athena student. So Sasha takes on the roles of Mafia princess, seductress and co-conspirator at the fortress of an Eastern European despot. Cut off from everything and everyone she knows--including the FBI handler with whom she's been having an affair--Sasha unmasks a painful truth: She has no idea who to trust. But she must figure it out quickly, or her most ambitious charade will also be her last.
To celebrated criminal defense attorney Derek Grainger, objectivity is the key to success. But how can he be objective when his new client, a convicted murderer, possesses information crucial to the welfare of Derek's five-year-old daughter and won't divulge it unless and until his conviction is reversed on appeal? Derek frantically searches the trial transcripts for reversible errors, and when his efforts are unsuccessful, he takes a desperate gamble and hires an assistant Copyright © Libri GmbH. All rights reserved.
Rick Diaz came to the hotel bar with two goals: to escape the tortured reality of his new existence and to find a woman. Over the last nine weeks both his body and personality have changed--he is stronger, more aggressive, and has an animal magnetism no woman could resist. But he's also afraid that once his transformation is complete, he can never have a real relationship again--giving him one more night to enjoy the pleasure of a woman's touch. Megan O'Neill turns out to be that woman. Rick used to star in her finest fantasies while they attended college together, though nothing could compare to the fierce passion she experiences during her night with Rick. But when Rick leaves the next morning without saying goodbye, Megan thinks she'll never set eyes on him again. . . Until Rick returns to tell her that he is a Guardian, destined to save the world from evil--and that Megan is the only woman who can help him. . .
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.