- Table View
- List View
WILL CEDAR GROVES JUNIOR HIGH SURVIVE A CLASS CRUSH? Eighth-graders Nora Ryan, Jennifer Mann, and their girl friends are acting strangely, and the eighth-grade boys aren't sure why. The girls are doing a lot of whispering, and they're walking around all dreamy-eyed. But Steve Crowley and the other boys do finally figure out what's going on. The eighth-grade girls are madly in love--all with the same guy--their English teacher. Can the boys get Nora, Jen, and their friends to pay attention to them again? Or will Cedar Groves Junior High never recover from the incredible class crush?
WHAT'S THE POINT OF BEING AN EIGHTH-GRADER, IF YOU CAN'T MAKE SOME CHANGES? When Nora Ryan makes a list of complaints about school, she and her best friend Jennifer Mann discover they are not the only dissatisfied eighth- graders. The Gripe Revolution they set off does get results. For ONE day the principal puts the eighth grade in charge of Cedar Groves Junior High School. It's wonderful! What could possibly go wrong? Nora and Jennifer find out, long before the end of the unforgettable day that the eighth grade ran the school....
THIS IS THE WORST IDEA THEY EVER HAD. When Jason Anthony performs a daring karate move at school, gullible Jennifer and determined Nora see a chance to turn him from class nerd to class hero. Without telling him, they enter him in a karate competition. Stunned by the news, Jason confesses he's a karate klutz. But the two girls won't give up. There's only one problem. Jason is hopeless. Can anything save them?
HER SECRET CRUSH ISN'T A SECRET ANYMORE. Nora Ryan is puzzled by the strange, secretive behavior of her best friend, Jennifer Mann. Then she sees Jennifer with Tony Hendrix, the 16-year-old brother of their classmate, Denise. The two girls know that Tony thinks of Jennifer as a friend. But it isn't hard to figure out that Jennifer thinks of him as something more. With the help of the eighth grade, Nora and Denise concoct a wild plan to distract Jennifer before her heart is broken. But will the project. Make Class Nerd Jason Anthony Over, really work? No one expects the results they get!
CAN NORA REALLY FIX ANYTHING? From the class dunce in shop, Nora has become the class star. Now that she understands mechanics, she can fix anything, except the attitude of her handsome shop partner, Brad. Did he really only like her when she couldn't tell a nut from a bolt? Spacey Tracy advises Nora to be dumb again to regain Brad's interest. Nora's best friend, Jen, is disgusted by the advice, but Nora is not so sure. Then on a class trip, an emergency puts Nora to the test: Is it really smarter to play dumb?
FRIENDS, FEUDS, . BOYS, BOOKS. EIGHTH GRADE. Best friends Nora Ryan and Jennifer Mann have finally reached eighth grade, and their first day is crazy. Class nerd Jason Anthony is up to his usual gross tricks. Nasty Susan Hillard has an insult for everybody, and Tracy is acting dumb, as always. While Nora gets caught up in all the excitement, Jen wonders if things will ever be normal again. But eighth grade only gets more complicated. When Denise Hendrix, a sophisticated new student, suggests the girls invite boys to the Halloween Dance, Jen and Nora begin to worry. Dealing with eighth grade is hard enough. Can they deal with boys, too?
NOT EVERYONE CAN BE A STAR. Ever since the eighth grade has been invited to join the high school production of Grease, all the world's a stage--and everyone is acting crazy! Tracy and Denise are going for the same part. Nora and Jen, best friends forever, are suddenly against each other. Nora is coaching Tracy. Jen is helping Denise. Jen is getting starstruck herself. The stage, she declares, is meant to be her life. As opening night approaches, everyone gets more and more distracted. Will the play go on?
SMILE. PLEASE? Boy-crazy Tracy isn't crazy about the way the eighth-grade boys start following her around when her photograph mysteriously appears all over school. Worse, one photo shows her with the boy Nora likes. Tracy's new fame even attracts the attention of Jen's friend Tony, and Mia thinks Andy is a little too interested in Tracy as well! Tracy is famous but friendless, until weird photos of her classmates start appearing, too. Who is taking those crazy class pictures? And why?
IT'S TOO WEIRD FOR WORDS. Beautiful French exchange student Monique Gorgee has the eighth grade in an uproar. Everyone is crazy about her. But Jen is jealous because she thinks Monique is replacing her as Nora's best friend. Most of the girls copy everything Monique wears. They even believe bell-bottoms are back! And most of the boys just like to hang around her. Monique's style is definitely cool, but her taste in boys is not so hot. She's fallen for, "How do you say? A hunk!" Only he's the last person on earth a girl could like. What is going on at Cedar Groves Junior High?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.