A brief biography of American dancer Alvin Ailey.
"Securing a world-class education for our students demands the contribution of a world-class teaching force. This volume contributes to this goal. Learning from the Experts captures the insights and ingenuity of our best and brightest teachers. The essays presented in these pages bolster my conviction that teachers can be architects of a stronger educational future."--Mitchell D. Chester, commissioner of elementary and secondary education, Massachusetts"Learning from the Experts should be required reading for policy makers, school officials, and would-be reformers who imagine that they can save public education. Our schools will be in good hands if teachers like these inspire more teachers like these to speak out and step up."--Susan Moore Johnson, Jerome T. Murphy Professor of Education, and director, The Project on the Next Generation of Teachers, Harvard Graduate School of Education"This book highlights the lessons we can learn from our very own teachers in the realm of best policy and practice. In doing so, it elevates the status of teaching as a profession. Learning from the Experts is a celebration of collaboration for the betterment of teachers and the students they serve."--John E. Deasy, superintendent, Los Angeles Unified School DistrictIn Learning from the Experts, emerging teacher leaders--in dialogue with seasoned leaders--offer an intimate look at the ways education policies collide with everyday classroom practices. This lively collection of essays illustrates how thoughtful, solutions-oriented and results-driven teachers are reframing debates in education today.
Introduction to what goes into putting on a play: backstage and onstage.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.