- Table View
- List View
Innovative jewelry artist Kate McKinnon takes you on a creative journey of techniques and projects in The Jewelry Architect, using a variety of materials and tools to create gallery-quality bracelets, necklaces, and rings.Beautiful photographs and clearly written instructions give jewelry artists the building blocks to combine wire, metal clay, beadwork, and traditional metalsmithing to create one-of-a-kind wearable art pieces. Learn how to merge techniques to form 16 uniquely designed projects, and also how to manufacture a variety of components such as clasps, hooks, earring findings, and ring bases to customize your work. Revel in Kate's signature style - an earthy ménage of metal, beads, and fibers - as she shares tips on the best ways to reinforce beadwork, bind edges, string components, form metal clay ring bands, fuse rings, create head pins, and so much more.
Beginning with an overview of the properties of metal clay, including safety information and metalsmithing terms, this thorough resource offers detailed procedures for creating a variety of components, settings, findings, attachments, 3-D forms, and textured effects. Each technique is shown with step-by-step photography to make it easy for jewelry makers at the advanced beginner to intermediate levels to learn the art of metal clay. The 12 unique projects within have multiple components made from metal clay, including clasps, chains, and settings; moveable and removable pieces; unusual textures and patinas; and unique construction and engineering. Creative tips on incorporating beads are also included. This handbook offers jewelry artists the design inspiration needed to create gallery-level pieces that are truly wearable art.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.