- Table View
- List View
Pre-registration student nurses spend 50 per cent of their training on practice placements, which provide a wealth of opportunities for students to develop their knowledge and skills. However, many students find themselves in a clinical environment which is foreign and confusing. This book will help the student to seek out and construct learning opportunities from within the clinical environment and to develop skills for practice learning which will help them to achieve a competent standard. This book will is, first and foremost, a practical and relevant guide for students on developing skills for learning during their practice placements.
Newly qualified nurses can find their first year of practice a daunting experience. This book is specifically written to support new nurses through the demands of their preceptorship year. Each chapter provides friendly and practical support on the main areas of development needed for new nurses to become confident practitioners. The book is also designed for use on formal preceptorship programmes and covers each of the areas for professional development outlined in the Department of Health's new Preceptorship Framework (2010). Packed with activities, case studies and down to earth advice, this book provides essential support for the newly registered nurse.
Pre-registration student nurses spend 50% of their training in practice which provides a wealth of opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills. However, many new students find themselves in a clinical environment which is foreign and confusing. The new edition of this popular book (formerly Learning to Learn in Nursing Practice) helps nursing students prepare for their practice learning experiences, and get the most out of them in order to achieve the required standards. This book is, first and foremost, a practical guide for students on developing learning skills during their practice experiences.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.