- Table View
- List View
Manning and Bucher (Old Dominion U. ) describe classroom management models, applications, and cases for preservice and inservice teachers. They address the need for classroom management and discipline, the effects of classroom problems, and the need to consider student diversity; the problem of violence and bullying; general management models for elementary to high school levels, based on research and ranging from foundational to newer theorists; special issues, including culturally and gender responsive management; and developing a management plan. This edition has new emphasis on bullying and school safety, including cyberbullying; 18 new models and theories; revision of the models; organization by philosophical perspective; two new chapters on inclusion and diversity; new chapter structure, features, and readings; and opening vignettes. It omits biographies of theorists. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
This text for middle school classroom teachers provides a solid core of essential knowledge about middle schools. Balancing the practical and the theoretical, it has a strong research base, as well as a focus on teaching methods, strategies, materials, resources, and technology that are linked to the standards of the National Middle School Association. The author's objectives are to tell readers about middle schools today, describe adolescents and their developmental period, identify essential middle school concepts that have potential for their age group and educational experiences that are developmentally responsive for young adolescents.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.