- Table View
- List View
IT'S THE WEIRDEST ALIEN INVASION EVER! "I cannot tell a lie," says Rod Allbright. And it's the truth. Ask him a question and he's bound to give you an honest answer. Which is why, when his teacher asks what happened to last night's math assignment, Rod has to give the only answer he can: "Aliens ate my homework, Miss Maloney!" Of course, no one believes Rod this time, so they don't bother to ask him why the aliens are here. It's just as well, since he is sworn to silence about their secret mission and the fact that he has been drafted to help them!
BRING BACK ROD'S BODY! Rod Allbright has found his father -- but lost his own body! It's been stolen by BKR, the most fiendish villain in the galaxy, which leaves Rod sharing the body of a one-eyed, blue alien named Seymour. Alas, when it comes time to go after BKR, Rod is forced to stay behind so that the little villain won't be able to get at the world-destroying secret locked in Rod's brain. Stranded on an alien planet with only Madame Pong, Seymour, Snout, and his annoying cousin Elspeth for company, Rod fumes at being left behind. Little does he know he's about to be drawn into a web of alien plots that will test his courage to the utmost -- and ultimately bring him face-to-face with BKR.
The bestselling author of My Teacher is an Alien series returns with a wild and wacky sequel, filled with Coville's unique touches--including a Fat Injector, a Solar Powered Pocket Cookie Baker, and a Giant Fuzzygrumper.
Thirty hair-raising stories from around the world fill this spooky collection with delicious shivers and spine-tingling chills. Sit down and meet "The Vampire Cat," "The Draug" and "The Rolling Head"; or take a stroll with "The Thing in the Woods." You'll find favorites such as "The Golden Arm" and startling new stories such as "Knock...Knock...Knock," vividly told with plenty of ghastly details and spooky endings. There's something here for everyone who likes a good shudder...but be prepared for goose bumps!Twenty delightfully creepy illustrations by Katherine Coville and Jacqueline Rogers highlight this companion to Robert San Souci's first collection of scary stories, Short & Shivery.From the Trade Paperback edition.
The Silliest Planet in the Galaxy. Dr. Pimento just can't keep his hands off things. He is a mad scientist, after all! But when he fiddles with the wiring on Blork's new ship, his mistake sends the entire crew hurtling off to the silliest planet in the galaxy.
Blork and his friends run into a prehistoric poodnoobie when they accidentally travel back in time to Splat. There, they learn how to survive in a world filled with enormous creatures that can't wait to find out what they taste like. Until they meet the most mysterious creature of all--and Blork is forced to make a terrible decision that will affect the future of the entire planet.
SOMEWHERE SNOUT IS WAITING. Rod Allbright and his alien friends face the biggest mystery of their lives: Where in the wide, wide galaxy is their missing friend Snout, the Master of the Mental Arts? Their death-defying search for their friend leads them across the stars to the Mentat, the mysterious home of the Mental Masters. But the clues they uncover there only deepen the mystery -- and the danger. For Rod and his friends have stumbled into something far bigger and more dangerous than any of them had ever dreamed. At stake are their honor, their lives, their sanity, and (just possibly) the fate of the universe.
From the Camp Haunted Hills series to the popular My Teacher . . . books, Bruce Coville brings to life a delightful collection of aliens, dinosaurs, and monsters that keeps readers coming back for more. It isn't Blork's fault he's a brat, but when he discovers how miserable it is to be around someone who throws nasty tantrums, he's out to prove he's not going to be a brat forever.
Ghoulies, ghosties, and long-leggedy beasties inhabit these 30 chilling tales gathered from around the world. Creepy classic and contemporary stories from Australia, Germany, India, El Salvador, and elsewhere--including a healthy helping of American apparitions--will keep readers and listeners scared stiff. Do you dare walk down the lane where "Crooker Waits"? Or would you rather shake "The Hairy Hands"? Twenty eerie illustrations highlight this companion to Robert D. San Souci's earlier collections of scary stories, which School Library Journal called "an absolute delight. . . . Young readers will gobble up these thirty thrilling snacks and beg for more." Savor this supernatural treat for spine-tingling fun!From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.