- Table View
- List View
Edition after edition, Kathleen Stassen Berger's The Developing Person Through Childhood and Adolescence re-emerges as the ideal textbook for the chronologically-organized development course--a perennial bestseller that always provides an authoritative portrait of the field, carefully crafted learning tools, and a narrative style and emphasis on cultural contexts that make the material relevant to its broad student audience.
This book is a chronologically organized textbook on child development with a broad cultural perspective and DSM 5 Updates.
Exceptional in its currency, global in its cultural reach, Kathleen Berger's portrait of the scientific investigation of childhood and adolescent development helps bring an evolving field into the evolving classroom. Guided by Berger's clear, inviting authorial voice, and page after page of fascinating examples from cultures around the world, students see how classic and current research, and the lives of real people, shape the field's core theories and concepts. In addition to Kathleen Berger's exhaustive updating of the research, this edition is notable for its thorough integration of assessment throughout (learning objectives, assessments after each section, expanded end-of-chapter quizzes) all aligned with national standards.
This book discusses in detail the person through their life span from birth through to their death.
This book is an authoritative, established text that engages students in the study of lifespan development from a chronological viewpoint.
This brief, original, 15-chapter textbook was created from page 1 to address the challenges teachers and students face when covering the entire life span in a semester (or even a quarter!). The hallmark Berger qualities are all here--the relatable presentation of research, the inclusive approach to world cultures, the study help that builds critical thinking and observational skills, the outstanding media and supplements--and all held together with Berger's skill in bringing students and the science together.
Every year, scientists discover and explain new concepts and present new research. The best of these are integrated into the text, including hundreds of new references on many topics--among them the genetics of delinquency, infant nutrition, bipolar and autistic spectrum disorders, high-stakes testing, drug use and drug addiction, the importance of attachment and brain development throughout childhood and into the last years of our lives. Cognizant of the interdisciplinary nature of human development, I reflect research in biology, sociology, education, anthropology, political science, and more--as well as in my home discipline, psychology.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.