- Table View
- List View
College Reading and Study Skills teaches reading, critical thinking and study skills for today's diverse students, encouraging them to apply these integrated skill sets to their coursework and future academic success. Kathleen McWhorter wrote College Reading and Study Skills, primarily, for courses that are half reading, half study skills. Emphasizing comprehension and metacognition, College Reading and Study Skills approaches reading and study skills as essential skills necessary for college success. The text focuses on reading and learning as a cognitive process, encouraging students to approach reading as an active mental process of selecting, processing, and organizing information to be learned.
Seeing the Pattern provides abundant help and support for inexperienced readers and writers through the application of tools and techniques that the author developed over more than thirty years of teaching.
The goal of Successful College Writing was to create a first-year composition text that covers the skills other college-level texts assume students already possess.
Other texts assume that first-year composition students already possess the basic skills they will need to succeed in college, but my own experience tells me that this is not true. That is why the author wrote Successful College Writing.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.