- Table View
- List View
Nancy and Tim and their dog spend the day at the seashore with many activities.
Many people fondly remember this book. Nancy loves to play Nurse, but her older brothers are always too busy with their big boy games to play with her. One day, when brother Billy falls and hurts himself, Nurse Nancy is at the ready to help him with real plastic bandages! This lively, charming book from the 1950s is still fresh today Picture descriptions present.
Many people fondly remember this book. Nancy loves to play Nurse, but her older brothers are always too busy with their big boy games to play with her. One day, when brother Billy falls and hurts himself, Nurse Nancy is at the ready to help him with real plastic bandages! This lively, charming book from the 1950s is still fresh today.
Pantaloon is a poodle with a sweet tooth. He adores cookies and yummy pastries. So when the Baker is looking for a helper, Pantaloon applies for the job."Oh, no, Pantaloon!" says the Baker. "You look to me as if you'd eat more than you'd bake." But Pantaloon proves him wrong in this charming Golden classic, brilliantly reillustrated by Steven Salerno.From the Hardcover edition.
Ahoy! First published in 1950, Golden Books is pleased to reissue this delightful hardcover collection of 24 stories and poems, including Pirate's Cove, The Little Lost Island, and The Careful, Cheerful Sailor by Kathyrn and Byron Jackson. All sea-loving children--and their parents--will be wowed by Gustaf Tenggren's beautiful illustrations.
Puss in Boots is a clever cat who won't settle for having a poor master. So he dupes a wicked giant out of his grand castle, claims the surrounding land as his master Caraba's, and charms the king, who lets his daughter marry Caraba. And Puss in Boots lives happily ever after!
After a parrot makes fun of Sooki's big ears, long nose, and wrinkled skin, the "saggy baggy" elephant isn't too sure of himself. But once he meets some beautiful creatures who look just like him, Sooki celebrates with a joyful "one-two-three-kick." For over 50 years, parents and children have treasured this tale, with gorgeous art by Gustaf Tenggren, the illustrator of The Poky Little Puppy.From the Hardcover edition.
"Once there was a tawny scrawny lion who chased monkeys on Monday--kangaroos on Tuesday--zebras on Wednesday--bears on Thursday--camels on Friday--and on Saturday, elephants!" So begins the funny, classic Golden story of a family of ten fat rabbits that teaches the hungry lion to eat carrot stew--so that he doesn't eat "them!" "From the Hardcover edition. "
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.