- Table View
- List View
With long hours, huge responsibilities, and average pay, nursing is often as challenging as it is rewarding. By teaching new nurses what to expect, how to get what they want, and how to succeed in today's medical environment, this book is the one-dose treatment to prevent burnout. Written in an easy-to-read, direct, and honest way, this helpful handbook will teach new nurses what they didn't learn in nursing school. Veteran R. N. Kathy Quan offers readers information on how to: balance a hectic new schedule (for work, sleep, and life) deal with doctors avoid illness themselves continue education while working cope with death of patients (the first time, and after) and more With this book, nurses get real-life advice on how to cope, perform, and excel in their field--one shift at a time!
As a new nurse you're entering one of the most challenging and rewarding fields. You will quickly learn how to navigate a complex medical landscape, care for sick and vulnerable patients, and manage stressful situations with skill and ease. This book will be your reassuring guide through all this and more. Veteran nurse Kathy Quan teaches you how to: Balance a hectic schedule, handle stress, and avoid burnout Deal with doctors and other medical professionals Continue education while working Use software, smartphones, and apps to help treat patients Packed with tips and strategies from nurses who have seen and done it all, this revised and updated guide gives you all the tools you need to get through those first critical months on the job--and beyond.
With The Everything Guide to Careers in Health Care, you can explore all the employment possibilities in health care, and choose the right career path just for you.
There are a lot of issues to consider as our loved ones get older. From in-home care to assisted living facilities, there are myriad options available - and each person's needs are unique. Family members need a resource that will answer all of their questions and ease them through this often complicated transition. This helpful handbook guides concerned children as they: decide which level of care is best for their parent; maintain communication and discuss difficult topics; handle home safety issues; manage transportation; find and work with a primary-care physician; navigate insurance paperwork; handle legal issues and questions; and other sensitive issues. From setting up a support network to avoiding scams, this informative guide will help a family decide on - and implement - the best care options for their loved ones.
The Everything New Nurse Book is the ultimate hand-holder for the new nurse as she steps through the hospital door that first day on the job. Covering everything new nurses didn't learn in the classroom, veteran nurse and author Kathy Quan is candid in her advice--from dealing with doctors and their "Old Boy Network" to balancing a hectic schedule and the emotional burden of this life-or-death job.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.