- Table View
- List View
The rice cooker is an amazingly versatile appliance. When is a rice cooker not only a rice cooker? When it becomes one of the most versatile and useful tools in any contemporary cook's kitchen. Of course we all know that you can make perfect rice in a rice cooker,but did you know that whole grains and beans are also perfectly suited to this appliance?These wonderful recipes -- created specifically to be used in a rice cooker -- are inspired by flavors from around the corner and around the world. Virtually every type of meal can be prepared in a rice cooker, from appetizers, soups and salads to main dishes, one pot meals and side dishes. Home cooks in the mood for a hearty stew, paella, a heavenly risotto or some authentic homemade dim sum need look no further than their rice cooker and these recipes for perfect results every time. The delicious and time-saving recipes, perfect for the busy working family and experienced gourmet cooks alike, include:Arroz con polloItalian sausage and portobello mushroom risottoGrits jambalayaRoasted corn and quinoa saladChocolate banana oatmealPancetta and pea risottoCaribbean pilaf with red quinoaBarley cioppinoWhite chipotle turkey chiliBlack-eyed pea, turkey and Swiss chard stewLemony risotto with shrimp. The author also includes valuable information on rice cooker features, the background, USDA charts and descriptions of rice, beans and grains as well as cooking time charts for perfecting rice, beans and grains in a rice cooker. Packed with great meal ideas, easy-to-master techniques and wonderful serving suggestions, chef Katie Chin has created a book every home cook will use over and over again.
This treasury of family recipes includes many unique dishes that Leeann developed during a six-decade career in the food business, including time-honored classics that she herself learned from her mother in China. Some dishes reflect Leeann's Chinese-American childhood or are recipes which Katie and Leeann developed while together. Others are creations that Katie has developed more recently. Woven throughout the book are fond memories and anecdotes from Katie's childhood, always involving cooking and eating with her mom.
In Everyday Thai Cooking, Katie Chin-a chef hailed as the "Asian Rachel Ray" by her many fans-shares her recipe secrets along with tips, tools, and techniques that enable you to easily bring delectable homemade Thai dishes to your table! As the daughter of award-winning restaurateur Leeann Chin, Katie's heritage has been deeply rooted in the cultivation of fine Asian cuisine. Katie has since taken the culinary world by storm as a well-respected food writer, television personality, and now published author. Katie is a success among the cooking community, however, her true reward stems from her success at home. As working mother of toddler twins, Katie realized a need for simple, easy and delicious Thai recipes that call for accessible ingredients and Everyday Thai Cooking delivers just that. Everyday Thai Cooking offers basic recipes for staple dishes that include both homemade and store-bought options. From appetizers to desserts, each step-by-step recipe lists preparation times (most within thirty minutes) and alternates for less accessible ingredients. Illustrated with mouthwatering color photographs, Everyday Thai Cooking features more than 100 simple Thai recipes that includes:Crunchy Siam Spring RollsTom Yum GoongCrispy Mango ChickenShaking BeefFragrant Coconut Fish in Banana LeavesMee Krob
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.