- Table View
- List View
A cat goes conspicuously missing in this hilarious pet mystery from the team that brought you The Great Hamster Massacre and The Great Rabbit Rescue.This is a story about Tom, and the Cat Lady, and all the things that happened after the New Cat got kidnapped.... The New Cat keeps bringing dead things into the house as gifts for Tom. When he brings in the head of the Vicar's most expensive Koi carp and the Vicar asks Mum for a ton of money for a replacement, Anna's Dad is so cross he locks the New Cat out of the house. Tom argues for the cat to be let back in, but by the time Dad finally concedes, the New Cat has disappeared altogether. Anna, Suzanne and Tom are convinced he's been kidnapped--but can they find out who is behind the Great Cat Conspiracy?
Suzanne's Great-Great-Aunt Deidra has left her dog to Suzanne's Mum in her will. Suzanne is over-the-moon about having a dog again, after her old dog Barney was 'sent away to a farm' by her Dad. But when Beatrice the Newfoundland arrives, she is a BIG disappointment. She's smelly and old and miserable and doesn't like walks, or catching sticks, or any of the things that dogs are meant to like. So Anna and Suzanne devise a plan to turn Beatrice into a proper dog - but if they don't pull it off soon, Suzanne's Dad will send Beatrice away too...
An old dog learns new tricks in this entertaining tale from the creators of The Great Hamster Massacre.This is a story about Suzanne's new dog, Beatrice--and how she saved us. (And how that helped save her, too...) Suzanne's Great-Aunt Deidra has left her dog to Suzanne's mom in her will. Suzanne is delighted they are getting a dog again, since her dad sent their last pup to live on a farm. But when Beatrice the Newfoundland arrives, she is a BIG disappointment. She's slow, and she's old, and she's got serious stomach issues. Suzanne and Anna are determined to turn Beatrice into the dog of their dreams, but can their canine boot camp prevent Suzanne's dad from sending Beatrice away too?
Anna and her brother, Tom, have always wanted a pet. Finally, after their latest pestering campaign, their mother gives in and lets them choose a pair of hamsters from the local pet shop. But their happiness soon turns to horror when the hamsters are found mysteriously dead in their cage. Anna and Tom launch a full-scale investigation to determine who--or what--is behind the hamster homicides. Can they solve the case of the Great Hamster Massacre? Kaite Davies's irresistibly funny mystery and Hannah Shaw's spot-on illustrations combine for a quirky, delightful read that is part detective tale, part diary, and altogether hilarious.
The kids from The Great Hamster Massacre are back--and on a rabbit rescue mission!Joe has gone to live with his dad, leaving behind his beloved pet rabbit. Anna, Tom, and Suzanne try to look after it for him, but when the rabbit becomes ill, they're convinced it's because the rabbit is missing Joe. Now Joe is sick too. The girls are certain that both Joe and the rabbit will die unless they are reunited soon....But can Anna, Tom, and Suzanne pull off The Great Rabbit Rescue in time?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.