- Table View
- List View
A cat goes conspicuously missing in this hilarious pet mystery from the team that brought you The Great Hamster Massacre and The Great Rabbit Rescue.This is a story about Tom, and the Cat Lady, and all the things that happened after the New Cat got kidnapped.... The New Cat keeps bringing dead things into the house as gifts for Tom. When he brings in the head of the Vicar's most expensive Koi carp and the Vicar asks Mum for a ton of money for a replacement, Anna's Dad is so cross he locks the New Cat out of the house. Tom argues for the cat to be let back in, but by the time Dad finally concedes, the New Cat has disappeared altogether. Anna, Suzanne and Tom are convinced he's been kidnapped--but can they find out who is behind the Great Cat Conspiracy?
Suzanne's Great-Great-Aunt Deidra has left her dog to Suzanne's Mum in her will. Suzanne is over-the-moon about having a dog again, after her old dog Barney was 'sent away to a farm' by her Dad. But when Beatrice the Newfoundland arrives, she is a BIG disappointment. She's smelly and old and miserable and doesn't like walks, or catching sticks, or any of the things that dogs are meant to like. So Anna and Suzanne devise a plan to turn Beatrice into a proper dog - but if they don't pull it off soon, Suzanne's Dad will send Beatrice away too...
An old dog learns new tricks in this entertaining tale from the creators of The Great Hamster Massacre.This is a story about Suzanne's new dog, Beatrice--and how she saved us. (And how that helped save her, too...) Suzanne's Great-Aunt Deidra has left her dog to Suzanne's mom in her will. Suzanne is delighted they are getting a dog again, since her dad sent their last pup to live on a farm. But when Beatrice the Newfoundland arrives, she is a BIG disappointment. She's slow, and she's old, and she's got serious stomach issues. Suzanne and Anna are determined to turn Beatrice into the dog of their dreams, but can their canine boot camp prevent Suzanne's dad from sending Beatrice away too?
Anna and her brother, Tom, have always wanted a pet. Finally, after their latest pestering campaign, their mother gives in and lets them choose a pair of hamsters from the local pet shop. But their happiness soon turns to horror when the hamsters are found mysteriously dead in their cage. Anna and Tom launch a full-scale investigation to determine who--or what--is behind the hamster homicides. Can they solve the case of the Great Hamster Massacre? Kaite Davies's irresistibly funny mystery and Hannah Shaw's spot-on illustrations combine for a quirky, delightful read that is part detective tale, part diary, and altogether hilarious.
The kids from The Great Hamster Massacre are back--and on a rabbit rescue mission!Joe has gone to live with his dad, leaving behind his beloved pet rabbit. Anna, Tom, and Suzanne try to look after it for him, but when the rabbit becomes ill, they're convinced it's because the rabbit is missing Joe. Now Joe is sick too. The girls are certain that both Joe and the rabbit will die unless they are reunited soon....But can Anna, Tom, and Suzanne pull off The Great Rabbit Rescue in time?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.