- Table View
- List View
Life is not easy for twelve-year-old Erec Rex. His single mother can barely support her six adopted kids. And they've moved into an apartment so tiny that Erec sleeps with the washing machine. Worse, there is a strange force within Erec that is making him do odd things. His urge to obey these thoughts grows -- until it becomes impossible to resist them. Then one morning, Erec's mother is missing. The force inside Erec commands him to find her, leading him on an adventure that will change him forever. When he arrives in Alypium, a hidden world where old knowledge of magic is kept, Erec learns that his mother and the entire kingdom are in peril. And he might be the only one who can save them.
Trouble is brewing in quiet, pleasant Alypium, and only Erec Rex can make it better. All of the baby dragons have mysteriously disappeared, and King Piter has lost the trust of his people. Worse, the evil Stain brothers will become the new rulers of the Kingdom of the Keepers unless Erec returns to Alypium and challenges them. but if Erec becomes king, the power of the royal scepter could destroy him completely. As Erec performs deadly quests in pursuit of the throne, he discovers that the right path brings many risks and few rewards -- and when he must delve into the Substance that holds our world together, he must summon all of his strength just to survive.
Erec Rex's quest to become king continues in this all-new NEVER-BEFORE-PUBLISHED third installmant. He is now on the fourth of the twelve herculean trials he must complete in order to rule Alypium. As the quests become harder, not only is Erec thrown into grave danger, but he must put his loved ones in harm's way as well. Only a trip into his own childhood will save him. But what he finds out there will change everything. . . .
Erec Rex might still become king--but the closer he gets, the more dangerous his tasks become.Given his romance brewing with Bethany, the discovery that his siblings are secretly king and queen of the Fairy world, and the knowledge that the Stain brothers are growing more and more underhanded, Erec Rex isn't exactly in an ideal state of mind to face his next two tasks. He will need to lean on his friends more than ever to complete what could be the most terrifying challenge he has ever faced....
Another task, even more dangerous than the previous ones, befalls Erec in the fourth book in the series. He must literally face his worst nightmares to succeed, but he isn't sure if he can overcome his fears. On top of a contest he must win to continue his rise to King, he must also save Bethany, who has been entranced by Baskania, and deal with his inevitable transformation into a dragon.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.