- Table View
- List View
Never underestimate the power of the father! You may think you know all the tricks, but ten-year-old Alec Greven knows that when it comes to dads, you have to be on your toes. Some dads are strict, and some are easygoing, but they all have a good side and a bad side. What you get totally depends on Dad's mood and your attitude. So no matter how old you are or how tight you are with the big guy, trust Alec to help you get down to the bottom of what makes your dad tick. Tips: There is an 80 percent chance your dad will say yes when your mom says no. Video games calm Dad down and put him in a better mood. If you think Dad is going to let you run wild, you are wrong!
Are you smart enough to take over a girl's heart? Leave it to a nine-year-old to get down to the basics about how to win victory with a girl. How to talk to girls is for boys of all ages--from eight to eighty--and the girls they like. So read this book and then you're ready. Good luck! Tips: Comb your hair and don't wear sweats Control your hyperness (cut down on the sugar if you have to) Don't act desperate
Sometimes your mom seems like the most wonderful woman in the world. Sometimes you think she is mean and wants to ruin your life. Really, it is both. No matter how well you know your mom, chances are she's got a few tricks up her sleeve. Alec Greven may only be ten, but he will set you straight when it comes to figuring out the most important woman in your life. Tips: Don't use your shirt as a napkin or a Kleenex. Don't bring loose wildlife into the house-ever! Your mom will always love you no matter what.
How do you control your greed, still get what you want, and spread the cheer? Get ready. Santa's almost here! Ten-year-old Alec Greven is the boy to turn to for advice about the jolly guy in the red suit. He knows it's easy to go wild when Santa is on his way and explains how to avoid Santa-trouble. But there's more to Christmas than want, want, want, and Alec reminds us of the greater meaning--giving to others and spreading joy! Tips: There is a 99.999999999% chance that you will never catch Santa. My advice is: Don't risk it! Don't whine now--whine later. December 26 is National Whiners' Day. You can be 100 and still believe.
Liesl lives in a tiny attic bedroom, locked away by her cruel stepmother. Her only friends are the shadows and the mice--until one night a ghost appears from the darkness. It is Po, who comes from the Other Side. Both Liesl and Po are lonely, but together they are less alone. That same night, an alchemist's apprentice, Will, bungles an important delivery. He accidentally switches a box containing the most powerful magic in the world with one containing something decidedly less remarkable Will's mistake has tremendous consequences for Liesl and Po, and it draws the three of them together on an extraordinary journey. From New York Times bestselling author Lauren Oliver comes a luminous and magnificent novel that glows with rare magic, ghostly wonders, and a true friendship that lights even the darkest of places.
Scared of school? Don't worry. You can be cool and rule! School is hard! There's a lot to know, like where to sit on the bus, how to find your way around the halls, and what to do to make sure you stay on your teacher's good side. Lucky for you Alec Greven has just turned eleven, and he's seen it all. Alec passes down his sixth-grade wisdom and gives advice that will help every student who's starting out or just started out on the wrong foot. Want to rule the school? Alec tells you how!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.