- Table View
- List View
Minds measureless to man ... The Tuzics who remember only the past and the Ancils who remember only the future. The molluscoid Mancji who travelled through space in a ship two miles long with frozen humans for cargo. The dying intelligent Yanda tree, last of its kind, whose only hope was finding a human host to carry its spores. The creatures that are the true masters of Earth, preying on humans like cattle. The ancient device that had been used as a construction machine until its users made the mistake of reactivating its memory. The compound Ree mind, which roamed space, testing intelligent lifeforms for their capability, before destroying them.
Short stories by David Weber: Miles to Go, The Traitor, With Your Shield, A Time to Kill, and A Brief Technical History of the Bolo by "Felix Hermes".
Mal was heading across an America ravaged by worldwide earthquakes when he ran into a dying stranger who babbled of men who weren't really men. The stranger had an unusual gold coin in his pocket which no expert could identify, and soon, Mal was to discover some thugs who wanted that coin were on his trail ... Steve Dravek awoke in a nightmarish city and immediately had to fight for his life against ruthless organ-stealing gangs. His last memories are of a vanished time from over a century ago. And someone is hunting him through the dark city, someone who seems to know him better than he knows himself ... The commander of the spaceship fleet that just annihilated the enemy armada has decided to become world dictator unless his second in command can stop him ... A national test condemns a man to a life of unskilled labor, unless he can find a way around the system ... A full-length novel, and a host of short novels and more fill an action-packed volume by the master of science fiction adventure.
Tapping the vein in the screwball comedy genius of Keith Laumer, the most popular science fiction writer and creator of the Retief series, this volume contains two complete novels of hapless heroes caught in out-of-kilter spacetime clockwork. (May)
This new collection of works by a master of science fiction adventure includes two complete novels--"Planet Run," on which he collaborated with Gordon R. Dickson, and "A Trace of Memory."
Grayle and Falconer met in relentless combat with no quarter in prehistoric ages past, their endless battle now remembered only as dark myths and legends. Now their long battle is nearing its climax - and the final battleground is an uncontrolled experimental power plant that threatens the Earth itself!
Billy Danger had gone past hitting the skids -- now he was freezing to death in a blizzard. So he took shelter in a corn silo that turned out to be a disguised alien starship, and woke up light years from Earth.
Featuring a complete novel, plus five short novels by the master of interstellar action and adventure, this collection introduces readers to the secrets masters of the Earth--a pack of wolves.
This novel and collection of stories have previously appeared in parts in "Envoy to New Worlds, Galactic Diplomat, " and "Retief's War. " Exploring the origins of the Corps Diplomatique, the background of Retief is told for the first time.
"Just as Director Straphanger said!" He clutched Retief's sleeve. "The Basuran fleet has taken up orbit a few thousand miles out, and their leader, a ferocious fellow named All Conqueror of Foes Cheese, threatens drastic action if we don't surrender our fleet on the instant."
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.