- Table View
- List View
Short stories by David Weber: Miles to Go, The Traitor, With Your Shield, A Time to Kill, and A Brief Technical History of the Bolo by "Felix Hermes".
Mal was heading across an America ravaged by worldwide earthquakes when he ran into a dying stranger who babbled of men who weren't really men. The stranger had an unusual gold coin in his pocket which no expert could identify, and soon, Mal was to discover some thugs who wanted that coin were on his trail ... Steve Dravek awoke in a nightmarish city and immediately had to fight for his life against ruthless organ-stealing gangs. His last memories are of a vanished time from over a century ago. And someone is hunting him through the dark city, someone who seems to know him better than he knows himself ... The commander of the spaceship fleet that just annihilated the enemy armada has decided to become world dictator unless his second in command can stop him ... A national test condemns a man to a life of unskilled labor, unless he can find a way around the system ... A full-length novel, and a host of short novels and more fill an action-packed volume by the master of science fiction adventure.
Tapping the vein in the screwball comedy genius of Keith Laumer, the most popular science fiction writer and creator of the Retief series, this volume contains two complete novels of hapless heroes caught in out-of-kilter spacetime clockwork. (May)
This new collection of works by a master of science fiction adventure includes two complete novels--"Planet Run," on which he collaborated with Gordon R. Dickson, and "A Trace of Memory."
Billy Danger had gone past hitting the skids -- now he was freezing to death in a blizzard. So he took shelter in a corn silo that turned out to be a disguised alien starship, and woke up light years from Earth.
Featuring a complete novel, plus five short novels by the master of interstellar action and adventure, this collection introduces readers to the secrets masters of the Earth--a pack of wolves.
This novel and collection of stories have previously appeared in parts in "Envoy to New Worlds, Galactic Diplomat, " and "Retief's War. " Exploring the origins of the Corps Diplomatique, the background of Retief is told for the first time.
"Just as Director Straphanger said!" He clutched Retief's sleeve. "The Basuran fleet has taken up orbit a few thousand miles out, and their leader, a ferocious fellow named All Conqueror of Foes Cheese, threatens drastic action if we don't surrender our fleet on the instant."
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.