- Table View
- List View
Norris describes himself as a shy youth who finally blossomed while studying martial arts as a soldier in South Korea. His self-deprecating humor shows through anecdotes about karate defeats, white-knuckled speaking engagements, and his failure to become a Los Angeles policeman, which led to his fame as a karate champion.
This is the autobiography of a man who went to prison and found Christ. This changed his life.
The behind-the-scenes story of United Flight 93 hero Todd Beamer and his widow, Lisa--is so much more than a tribute. A message of character, courage, and undeniable faith in the face of horrifying tragedy, it encourages anyone who reads it to live.
On July 20, 1969, Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin became the second human to walk on the moon. Here, he offers a first-person account of the lunar landing that came within seconds of failure, and gives an insider's perspective on how being part of NASA's nonstop public relations 'world tour' led him into a downward spiral of depression and alcoholism. The book continues on an optimistic note through Aldrin's recovery, his second marriage, and his work opening the doors of space tourism for all. Color historical and personal photos are included. Co-author Ken Abraham is a New York Times bestselling author. Annotation ©2009 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
In the twinkling of an eye, their lives changed forever. Husbands, wives, children, all lost in what was first called "the disappearence." Now many understand that with milllions of christians called home, the rapture has irrevocably turn the fabric of their lives. They wander, rootless and searching, in the wake of the events nearly too powerful too overwhelming to comprehend.
A companion resource to Joe Gibbs's dynamic book, the Racing to Win Study Guide elaborates on the biblical foundation of the cornerstone principles for success found at the end of each chapter. Each of eight study sessions includes: - Race Preparation -- Identify and reflect upon a personal experience relating to the session's topics. - Starting Line -- Engage the author's concepts and related biblical passages. - Behind the Wheel -- Put the book's principles into practice. - Final Lap -- Discover a truth you can integrate into your life with confidence. A personal prayer addresses that truth.
On Christmas Day 2011, Ben Breedlove's soul went to heaven. But it wasn't his first time there. Ben suffered from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM), a heart condition that posed a constant risk of sudden death. His condition, a thickening of the heart muscle, worsened over time, leaving him weak and fatigued. It also led Ben to some close calls medically, in particular cardiac arrest on four separate occasions, during which he felt the presence of angels and experienced the perfect peace of heaven. Precocious and warm, Ben was close with his family and two siblings, and forged deep relationships with his friends. He loved to wakeboard and wakesurf, and he had dreams of visiting foreign countries around the world. He created the YouTube channels TotalRandomness512 and BreedloveTV, and cocreated the channel OurAdvice4You, where he posted videos about everything from dating advice for girls to more serious topics like his spirituality and heart condition. Unbeknownst to his parents and family, Ben created a two-part video called "This Is My Story," in which he used flash cards to tell the world about his near-death experiences and his beckoning toward heaven. When he died a short while later at the tender age of eighteen, his family and the rest of the world stumbled upon these videos. The world responded with overwhelming acceptance of the message Ben shared. Ben's vision of heaven was his gift to his family, and to the world. And now this is the Breedlove family's gift to us--an in-depth look at the life and near-deaths of Ben, the strength and faith of a family, and, ultimately, the hope of heaven. Do you believe in Angels or God? I Do.--Ben Breedlove
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.